just bought a BMW - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
snaab is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi! I'm a Saab enthusiast but a neighbor who's moving asked if I knew anyone interested in his BMW. I asked what he wanted for it and when he said $500 I bought it It's a 1988 325 coupe automatic with 130k well cared for and maintained miles. He's spent a lot of $ on it and has the reciepts for many items replaced in the last 5 years, most of the major ones are recent. I'm not an automatic enthusiast but hey it's a nice clean car for $500 so who's complaining! Anyway, there's a tachomoter but it's not working and neither is the clock. He said the tach has not worked for years and the clock recently quit. My question is what years/models are the tachometers interchangable? Electronic tach? Thanks for any help. Snabber
snaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2004, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
nice pickup... post some pics
Old 05-06-2004, 05:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 1996 328i
Photos:
Aether is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Aether Send a message via MSN to Aether
The guages ought to be interchangable anywhere from 1984-late 1987, and from 1987-1990/1. Your probably just have a blown fuse, though. Check fuses 10 and 21, especially.

Congratulations on the new ride.

Four Five Six - It's on.
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
yeah, check the fuses, its fuse 10 oe 21, mine didnt work, and I listened to scnhider, and did the fuse bit and it works! nice car man...man, 500$, thats so good.

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow and hope for the best. I wish I could post photos but my digital camera is on the fritz. It's a very nice little car, not what I'm used to or familiar with since I'm a Saab 'nut' but still a very nice little car. It's in great condition inside and out even cold a/c! I wish it was a 5 speed but it's kind of nice not having to shift either. It's definately a "steal" and I intend to keep it around as a spare when my Saab has issues. Saabs have issues as I'm certain so do the BMW's but It'll be a fun learning experience This is now the oldest vehicle I've ever owned but the condition puts it right up there with my immaculate 1996 Saab 9000 Aero. Maybe I can spend some of my time here and learn a bit about BMW's now instead of always over at the TSN boards.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I do have another question I forgot to ask. Being a 1988 shouldn't it have the newer style better looking taillights that I've seen? After searching eBay and a few 1988 rear view photos on the web it appears in 1988 it was possible to have either style. I've seen eBay auctions for the old style taillights stating 1984-1988 [except conv] fitment but also the newer style taillights stating 1988-1991 fitment. I know I wish it had the better looking [again, just my opinion] non exposed aluminum painted body color bumpers, apparently '89 up. Must be a split year thing on the taillights, I've seen photos of 1988's with the old and new style and according to the eBay auctions they overlap. One eBay auction stated the newer style are the bigger taillights used so my question is are they bolt on interchangable or ? I'd like to have the bigger most recent style taillights if possible. This stuff is addicting, always trying to upgrade or improve something and I'm well past the typical age group for such behavior Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)