i need your opions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 12:08 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
skater420 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skater420 Send a message via MSN to skater420 Send a message via Yahoo to skater420
(Thread Starter)
i need your opions

ok i have wnated a bmw for the longest time now.. and last summer i saw a bmw where i live at like a salvageyards like backup place to store cars or something i donno wat youd call the place but that dont matter...i saw it there last summer and i went to look at it and to me it seems nice it looks like its in good condition... it is a bmw 325es and i have looked them up and i donno if its just wat ive found but it says the years on that model were from 86-88 i think but im not sure... ever since i saw the car last summer it been sitting there for a year and has not moved once.. so i was wondering if i should pursue the car and try to find out who owns it to buy it or not

and i was also wondering that if i did buy it is there a good amount of aftermarket parts that i could get because i would like to try and turn it into a drift car if posible .... so please let me know wat you think of my situation i would very much apreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 01:19 PM
5th Gear Member

Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough
If it's there good chance there is something wrong, or the owner is a douche bag and would rather let rats live in it and rot to dust than sell it to someone that'll actually fix it and drive it (I know of a local bmw "owner" that is being that way about a 318i now ). 90% of e30s that I found in a salvage yard are there because of owner inflicted problems, like he/she didn't change the timing belt, oil or just drove it into the ground. And if that's the case you may need a lot of up front cash to get it running again. So make sure that if you can get it, get it cheap.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:20 AM
5th Gear Member

Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough
P.S. No-title or salvage title situations can be such overwhelming hassle making a perfectly good running car absolutely worthless. (took me 3 years and 3 miles of red tape to get a title for an abandoned car I bought from a salvage yard. Never again )
#4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
I dont know if where you live is the same but, if you buy a car from a salvage yard hear you will need to do a safety check to get it liscenced. If you dont plan on making it a road car I dont think you should worry about this issue. If it's been sitting there, it must be really rusty underneath, I bought a car that was sitting for a year took me over 4000$ to replace some of the parts that were falling appart. Make sure to check underneath the car, brakes, control arms, frame....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)