I need help with my 325e - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:30 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
turbo325e is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy I need help with my 325e

it cranks but wont start.i have check everything. any suggustions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
what, exactly, have you checked?

#3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
rule number one, check fuses and relays...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Rfitz25 is on a distinguished road
fuel and spark make car go

Cheers,
Richard Fitz
'87 325is Delphin Metalic

#5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
2nd Gear Member

JoeMadoo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JoeMadoo Send a message via MSN to JoeMadoo Send a message via Yahoo to JoeMadoo
HAHA thats funny. Check for loose or missing connections, and check your CPS (crankshaft position sensor)

86 Alpine White 335is M30 Swap <br>My Car Domain
ASE L1 Smog Certified

#6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 06:35 PM
5th Gear Member

Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough
Yes, please elaborate more about what you have checked.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 01:04 AM
n00b

turbo325e is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
i have checked the fuel pump and fuel pressure. it has a new coil,ecu,sparkplugs,plug wires, cap and rotor,altinator.but still wont start.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 01:23 AM
Retired administrator

triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Have you check injector wiring? Have you checked CPS?

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

Read about my Frankenmotor Project and see how an M50 becomes an S50!!!

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
#9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
again, fuses and relays?

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 12:49 AM
5th Gear Member

BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
The things that come to my mind are, bad main realy, bad DME, AFM has been messed with and is not adjusted properly, dead AFM, not seeing a crank/ignition signal, bad engine temp sensor (different than the sensor that sends the signal to your gauge in the cluster), very little or no gas in the tank.

When did the not starting problem first start? Did you change some parts or mess with anything right before this problem happened? Was the car sitting for a long time? Did the car run rough then not want to restart?

The main thing 90% of people forget when trying to work on their own car is start simple and don't just throw parts at it. If most people would add up the $$$ they spent on parts that didn't fix the issue before they took it into our shop it would more than cover the diag time we spent figuring out their BMW. I see it all the time at the shop I work at. Its usually some guy that is too proud to have a shop work on his wife's/GF's car that ends up bring it in for us to fix cause the hundreds of dollars in parts he threw at it didn't fix it. And very rarely does the parts they replaced help the problem get better.
#11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear Member

bad man working is an unknown quantity at this point
As half said earlier you need three thing fuel spark compression actually test them put a screwdriver or an old plug into a lead put it close to a good earth and crank it, crank it and then pull a plug you should smell fuel if not pull the injectors and rail out re-connect it and crank it see if they spray (don’t blow yourself up) with the plug in you can normally hear compression but if not test it compression testers are cheap enough 10-12bar. Then when you know which ones missing you can start to find out why
#12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear Member

bad man working is an unknown quantity at this point
As half said earlier you need three thing fuel spark compression actually test them put a screwdriver or an old plug into a lead put it close to a good earth and crank it, crank it and then pull a plug you should smell fuel if not pull the injectors and rail out re-connect it and crank it see if they spray (don’t blow yourself up) with the plug in you can normally hear compression but if not test it compression testers are cheap enough 10-12bar. Then when you know which ones missing you can start to find out why
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)