I Hate My Car AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid m20 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
(Thread Starter)
Angry I Hate My Car AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid m20

My 325 es blew up again! Not my fault I don't drive the car hard I give it premium ans synthetic fluids and it treats me like this! Gahhhhhhhh now the story

Nick fills his bmw with premium fuel to go down to pick in pull to pick up so porsche 944 parts with a friend. Nick gets onto 101 south and drives for awhile and notices the temp is a little high 3/4 so he puts in the clutch to coast for awhile and the tach just drops to zero....bad sign..... so he makes his way across 4 lanes and to the sholder..... opens the hood and notices there's no coolant in the contaner so he's like Wtf?? His friend starts the car it starts up with a lil hesatation but runs ok he takes the exit he pulled off next to andf goes to the gas staiton(like 2 blocks) and gets coolant and puts it in and it dumps steam every where and scarys nick half to death. Nick is again like Wtf????... and it turns out the water pump gasket blew out so we're decide ro go back north on 101 small streches at a time and eventually it makes the journey home(friends home). So nick goes and gets a new gasket ($1.75) and pulls it apart and installs a new gasket and is all yay that ordeal is over......... but that's where it went wrong...... all wrong........ nick goes to start the car and it cranks like half a rev. And stops so he stops and tries again and cranks is it cranked slow the it fired and BOOM coolant goes flying into the air a good 3 feet out of the coolant container and nick turns it off and is like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I didn't know coolant could fly like that.............. and thought ....... what now..............?

So that is the story of the ever exploding car so I was wondering

A) sell it
B) fix it(block maybe cracked)
C)swap motors to an m50
D) park it and deal with it later

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 04:23 PM
5th Gear Member

BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
Sounds like it needs a head gasket and maybe a new head.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 11:19 PM
5th Gear Member

Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough
A broken head bolt can cause that, it allows an air pocket to form at the thermostat, it won't open, overheating the motor, pressure from hell, then the head gasket is shot from the overheat, allowing full motor compression into the coolant system = the above mentioned scenario. But, from the story it seems to me there were signs pointing to this ahead of time. And I also believe that the coolant could have come from the head and ran down to the water pump (because, I’ve never seen a water pump gasket fail.)

If you have the money: C
If you don't have that much money: B
If you even less money: D
If you have no money: A
#4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmavin
A broken head bolt can cause that, it allows an air pocket to form at the thermostat, it won't open, overheating the motor, pressure from hell, then the head gasket is shot from the overheat, allowing full motor compression into the coolant system = the above mentioned scenario. But, from the story it seems to me there were signs pointing to this ahead of time. And I also believe that the coolant could have come from the head and ran down to the water pump (because, Iíve never seen a water pump gasket fail.)

If you have the money: C
If you don't have that much money: B
If you even less money: D
If you have no money: A
no it was DUMPING from the water pump seal as soon as i pored coolant in it

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)