i dont have horn and when i press it my headlights flare??? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
miami325e is on a distinguished road
i dont have horn and when i press it my headlights flare???

The horn was removed from my car but the button on the steering wheel is still there. When I was driving at night i was standing at a trafficlight with my headlights reflecting off the paint of a white suv right in front of me. when i honked out of curiosity my headlights flared.does this mean that the fuse and relay and wires are in place for the horn and are ready to be connected to the horn to function. because that would mean all i need to do is buy a horn a connect it. to have a functioning horn???????
miami325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Fuggly is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fuggly
Are you saying that when you press the horn on your steering wheel you flash your headlights? What happens when you pull the turn signal lever towads you or all the way away from you?
Fuggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Charleston Chu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Charleston Chu
Haha... :lol: imagine if the horn was tied into the high beam switch... you could pull the lever to honk your horn!

Preston
Charleston Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DJProfessor is an unknown quantity at this point
we hooked up my friend's horn to his brake light switch........that was goodtimes

yeah grab a horn and give it a shot. i am curious about this, esp. since i don't have a wiring diagram right in front of me at the moment.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
träumer is an unknown quantity at this point
where is the horn on a 87 325e

where ccan i find the horn on a 87 325e.? icant seem to find it. i when i press it it dont sound and i can see sparks or light from the fuse box what is this?
träumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
77th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to 325eXTATIC Send a message via AIM to 325eXTATIC Send a message via MSN to 325eXTATIC Send a message via Yahoo to 325eXTATIC
Behind the bumper fairly low... Mine has two separate horns, one on each side of the car. The are flat round things that look a little bit like a snails shell. Sort of a winding spiral... Which is exactly what they are. As for sparks when you honk, my advice... DON'T HONK! And I would look very seriously at what is sparking and REMOVE IT! If it is an original fuse (open top) with a break in it, it could be shorting if the break in the fuse isn't bad. That MIGHT cause a spark, but I would do as much diagnosis on that as soon as possible, because we don't want your user name to go from Traumer, to TRAUMA! HAH! I KILL ME!

Okay, sorry about that one! But seriously, get it CHECKED OUT!
Oh, but if it is just a light that comes on the the fuse box... it could be one of those fuses that have an LED in them. I think they light up if the fuse is blown, or something like that.

Josh W.

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
325eXTATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
miami325e is on a distinguished road
i found the horn and found the relay!

i found the relay and tested it and it is working fine. Thanks for giving me the position of the horn. I found it after taking off the lower bumper only 2 screws. I took it off and found a contact was like rusty or covered with like something. i guess if i can take that rust off and test the horn maybe it will work. it that doesn't work i will go ahead and get a new horn and install it. you said it has 2 horns 1 on each side! i found the right one I will now look for the left one to see if it has one on that side. I will let you know what happens.
miami325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)