BMW Werkz banner

I can haz e30 too! m52/m50 swap is on!

13K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  gotKRAUT 
#1 ·
The e30 was delivered to my work this afternoon:rule It needs quite a bit of work But the price($300) was right so I couldn't turn it down plus my friend needed it gone so all worked out:rule

Current condition:

Even came with the Beer pong ball we won with:rofl!

Yep that head gasket is TOAST! Mayo in the coolant but non in the oil:shifty

Future Plans are to take the M52B28TU in my garage and freshin it up and put a M50 or M50TU head on it and full OBD1 setup on the m52 and drop it in:D:shifty I probably will be bugging the Pirate alot:rofl;)

Parts Still Needed:
~s52 Arms
~m50 e34 oilpan
~m50tu/m50 Head
~m50 manifold
~OBDI wiring and electronics
~e36 5 speed transmission
~Post facelifted e30 Passangerside Tail light
And a bunch more odds and ends:rolleyes:

See less See more
#7 ·
^ really :D i'll have to get a list together

I guess you missed it torque I found the frame was bent and had a ton of bondo down the driverside and rear of the vehicle so I parted out. I'll paypal you $10 if I dont get the m52 in it(and running)

lunch, poke at the e30 and m52 class then M52 poking continues!

#11 ·
Weeeeell you should just bring the e30 on by my house then :p

Cleaned the e30 up and shampoo'd the carpets scrubbed the seats and scrubed the outside and engine bay. then i started pulling the M52 down BTW it is an aluminum block m52 2.8l not an iron block:rule

I also bought an m50 manifold and OBD harness off a Cash for clunkers car(FINALLY something good from that program!) Ignore the pink paint on it that is how they mark the C4C cars so you know the engines are bad. and the black nail polish it was part of my costume:rofl

Parts Still Needed:
~s52 Arms
~m50 e34 oilpan & dipstick
~m50tu Head
~Vanos M50 ECU
~e36 5 speed transmission
~Post facelifted e30 Passanger side Tail light
~Passanger side Inside door handle and trim piece
~Rear ashtray
~Couple door panel clips

#15 ·
^ I'm still getting a list together;)

I cleaned the driveway and garage in prep for the swap:D

#18 ·
Yes they will dave! Should have more of a final list sometime this weekend when I.start tearing into it:D

#20 ·
Just the lens to my knowlage

#21 ·
:shifty

The wheels and M20 are sold:rule

#24 ·
^ Dave it is on jack stands;)

might have bought another set of rims for it:shifty

Still need and m50 pan and s52 arms

#26 ·
Update! The m52's head is on and torqued Mono Wiper(which is parked correctly:rofl) is installed and done. The Mono wiper cost me all of $11.24 and some gas for the welder and torch:rule. After this I'm starting on the HID fog's in a few min.s:rule

What do you guys think:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.