BMW Werkz banner

How change driver doorlock(the key)

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  luckycat 
#1 ·
Hi

I need to change my driver manual doorlock on bmw 325ix 89 because my key is broken (I have 2 key for my car..)
But how i extract the mecanist? By the outside of the car? (inside have a metal reinforcement so i can't pass my hand...)

Thx for you help and sorry for my poor english.

#2 · (Edited)
To remove the lock cylinder your must remove the door panel, a ten minute job. Use a wide flat-bladded screwdriver being careful not tear the snaping areas. Disconnect the linkage to the cylider and remove the retainer key which holds the lock against the door shell. Insert your key in the lock, and pull the cylinder out. Get a haynes or bentley book to see the details, it will really help.

Good luck! Luckycat

Pour enlever le cylindre de serrure votre nécessité enlèvent le panneau de porte, un travail dix minute. Utilisez un tournevis plat-bladded large étant pas larme soigneuse les secteurs snaping. Débranchez la tringlerie au cylider et enlevez la clef d'arrêtoir qui tient la serrure contre la coquille de porte. Insérez votre clef dans la serrure, et tirez le cylindre. Passez Haynes ou réservez bentley pour voir les détails, il aidera vraiment.

Bonne chance ! Le Chat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.