How Can I Get More Power - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2005, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jrmexican is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 1987 325e stock.
I just have a 2 1/4 inch pipe and a magnaflow
But I was wonderin what modifications can I make to make the car run better
I dont mean anything out of the ordinary some simple things I can change to make it perform better

If I could get an answer and website were I can research I would be grateful
thanks ghead
jrmexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Speedy-325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Speedy-325is Send a message via MSN to Speedy-325is Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy-325is
you want more power huh????

BUY A FERRARI!!!

this site HAS the search thingy. search the e30 section for upgrades, more power, ect. u will prolly find more than you need and where to get it cheap as well as how to do it yourself to save more $$$$!!!!! there is alot of threads on that specifically.

to the forums!

well help as much as we can, which is more than the dealer will do.
you have found a great site. my advice: respect it and you will get all you need to enjoy everything BMW.

Mark
Speedy-325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
guywithblack88e30 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah welcome all of us and i mean all of us have had different problems with our cars and came up or got solutions so you will all most always get a answer

Member of got its raining(in Members Lounge) to 100, 237, 250, & 300 pages club...
Member of 3 Pedel club...
Member of ran away from cop using DRIFTING not speed(ok a little speed)...
guywithblack88e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Kowalski is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kowalski
Quote:
Originally posted by guywithblack88e30@Feb 2 2005, 12:29 AM
yeah welcome all of us and i mean all of us have had different problems with our cars and came up or got solutions so you will all most always get a answer
[snapback]284529[/snapback]
this is true unless you are experiencing somthing not even the bmw mechanics have heard off hahaha well it should be fixed tomorrow but yes this is a good site.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
e30fanm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to e30fanm3 Send a message via Yahoo to e30fanm3
what are you experiencing that your mechanics havent seen?
e30fanm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by e30fanm3@Feb 2 2005, 06:13 PM
[snapback]284936[/snapback]
same question noone has been able to answere on this site takes to long to explain i posted it a while back, and its on r3vlimited and bimmer forums and pelican parts and noones been able to answere but if inaly figured it out well sorta, i fixed most of the problem, but i still have a bit of a hesitation when i just plant the pedal, any idea as to what causes this?
Old 02-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Send a message via AIM to Speedy-325is Send a message via MSN to Speedy-325is Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy-325is
Quote:
Originally posted by Kowalski+Feb 2 2005, 09:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kowalski @ Feb 2 2005, 09:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-e30fanm3@Feb 2 2005, 06:13 PM
same question noone has been able to answere on this site takes to long to explain i posted it a while back, and its on r3vlimited and bimmer forums and pelican parts and noones been able to answere but if inaly figured it out well sorta, i fixed most of the problem, but i still have a bit of a hesitation when i just plant the pedal, any idea as to what causes this?
[snapback]285010[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

yeah, the problems between the seat and the steering wheel. :nana

if you want an answer, POST THE QUESTION!!!!
there are a million things that can cause that. but without ALL the symptoms and sounds......its all worthless.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Speedy-325is+Feb 3 2005, 02:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Speedy-325is @ Feb 3 2005, 02:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Kowalski@Feb 2 2005, 09:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-e30fanm3
Quote:
@Feb 2 2005, 06:13 PM

[snapback]285010[/snapback]

yeah, the problems between the seat and the steering wheel. :nana

if you want an answer, POST THE QUESTION!!!!
there are a million things that can cause that. but without ALL the symptoms and sounds......its all worthless.
[snapback]285146[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

i already have, noone had anythign usfull to reply with, but its all better. and as for the throttl respons i havn't had time to diagnose it, im putting in new controll arms tie rods and strut mounts, and sway bar links today, so iv got a fun and exciting few hours ahead of me. but ill let you know whenever i get arround to tinkering on the engine agian. which should be tomorrow or the next day.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
e30fanm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to e30fanm3 Send a message via Yahoo to e30fanm3
im sure half of the people that responded to your post could fix your car if they had it there to look at. Its not always easy to diagnose a car based on what someone says its doin, being the son of a BMW master technician i have found that 75% of the time the car isnt doing what the person said it was doin on the phone. You need to have a real BMW mechanic look at your car.
e30fanm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by e30fanm3@Feb 3 2005, 03:37 PM
im sure half of the people that responded to your post could fix your car if they had it there to look at. Its not always easy to diagnose a car based on what someone says its doin, being the son of a BMW master technician i have found that 75% of the time the car isnt doing what the person said it was doin on the phone. You need to have a real BMW mechanic look at your car.
[snapback]285379[/snapback]

very true!

I also notice that if you suggest some solution, the mechanics will take your word and fix that, so if ur unsure about something, its best to tell them the symptoms and let them figure it out. then if they say the same thing you were thinking you know your on the right track.

Mark
Old 02-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by e30fanm3@Feb 3 2005, 02:37 PM
[snapback]285379[/snapback]

i went in to the dealer 3 times with the car and told them somthings wrong needs to be fixed, told them what it was and wasn't doin, never recomended anything was broken. i got the guy who has been working there the longest and is german, and the head mechanic to look at it, 3 times, and 3 times i got a 350$ bill that said nothing was wrong, except the last time they said there was a pinched fuel line and they fixed it, but the problem was still there and i opend my access hatch to the fuel pump and the low and behold the fuel line was still pinched so im never going to a bmw dealership again. however i have fixed the problem with my car, and it was doing everything i said it was doing, nothing more nothing less.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
dealers are really the worst place for troubleshooting. they are trained "by the book" and thats exactly how they operate. they cannot use the good tricks, tweaks, or non factory techniques so they rarely can do very much to help. my girlfriends car had problems and the dealer couldnt find anything wrong after 7 DAYS!!!! i took it to my shop and we figured it out in 15 minutes yesterday because we tweaked a few things and now its fine.

best bet is ALWAYS a independant european shop.

Mark
Old 02-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Speedy-325is@Feb 4 2005, 01:12 PM
dealers are really the worst place for troubleshooting. they are trained "by the book" and thats exactly how they operate. they cannot use the good tricks, tweaks, or non factory techniques so they rarely can do very much to help. my girlfriends car had problems and the dealer couldnt find anything wrong after 7 DAYS!!!! i took it to my shop and we figured it out in 15 minutes yesterday because we tweaked a few things and now its fine.

best bet is ALWAYS a independant european shop.

Mark
[snapback]285888[/snapback]
yeah i figured about as much, cept i couldnt find one until a few days ago, but now im just far too cheap to spend money on shop charges specialy since im not working right now so i have time to fix it myself, when i start work ill prolly have to start taking it there or just wait till i have time off to do upgrades, or weekend all nighters.... those are always fun, did that with my engine swap on this car, and on my 1968 chevelle i did it on that like 5 times, cept it was a full engine rebuild... haha anyways we'll see what happens, right now im off the road, redoing the front end on her. but the front right shock has a stripped top so i cant get it out to change the shock mounts... and they're new shocks which is a pain in the ass. im working on cutting off the old mount so i can use an open end wrench and a vice, anyone else have any ideas? o and the shock is blown but i can't really cut it cause i think it mimght be warrentied cause its only 8 months old.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
take some driving classes and you wont need more power.

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by spiff325is@Feb 5 2005, 02:42 PM
take some driving classes and you wont need more power.
[snapback]286452[/snapback]
now that all depends on whether you like to drag race or not, if you do then you shouldn't own a bmw, they can do it but thats not what they were meant for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)