here's IE newest front strut bar - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fporro is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to fporro Send a message via Yahoo to fporro
(Thread Starter)
87 325ic.

went to pick up strut bar from Ireland Engeneering new shop, they installed in in 5 minuts, thanks Jeff and crew. and Jason for the group buy

handling improvement is very obious, much sharper response, and stiffer frame, just what my convertible need it

bar does not interfere with cruise control, no modifications what so ever, fit's like a glove and they do come in 2 lenghts, there's is a lenght differenece between e30 models.

they were nice enough to show me prototype headers, 2 piece design and should be available in 2 weeks. bet 250 to 275 or so.

insisted on some pointers about rear sub-frame bushing replacement, was told that biggest concern is bolt poping-up after installation, this due to uneven tightening during re-installation of sub to frame.

another pointers were NOT to use urathene control arm bushings since they do "pop-out", best to stick to oem M3's.

rumor about K-mac rear conrol arm bushings is false, they do not move about after installation nor hard driving, this confirmed by Jeff's crew.

cheers,
Frank
e30 parts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

viali8 is an unknown quantity at this point
how much didi u spend on the brace? just curious. could u have installed it yourself. or is it too diff. to do on your own. thanks. viali8
#3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
it costed $ 108 (including 8.25% california tax).
no special tools need it, just remove 2 nuts from each side and it slide on. retighten and you're done. 5 minuts at most.

cheers,
Frank
e30 parts

#4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 01:35 AM
5th Gear Member

BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
I'd be interested in the header. Are they looking for a car to test it on? I'd make the 6hour drive for a free or drastracly reduced price header. I'll sport their logo or whatever. :P
#5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Fox

Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
why did you pay 108 when its 130 on the website? Looks delicious though.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>
Diplomacy is saying &quot;nice doggy&quot; until you find a rock.</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 06:59 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Quote:
Originally posted by Fox@Feb 27 2004, 05:28 PM
why did you pay 108 when its 130 on the website? Looks delicious though.
he said he got it through a group buy
#7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
viali8 - 99 + tax = $108

AJ's320i - i'll second that, no stickers for me please

Fox- Jason's at info@custom3.com arranged group buy from Ireland Engineering http://www.bmw2002.com/ hence lower price.

posted this other reply at another forum, yes, i know., post/part whore, heheh ouch, heheh, ouch ouch, hehhehe ...

just to clarify,

Jason's email info@custom3.com arranged group buy from Ireland Engineering http://www.bmw2002.com/ hence lower price.

my 87 325ic measures 39.5" from center to center of truts.

not sure how similar is it to Sparco bar or if would fit M50 or M42 engines., you guys would know better., it seems like good fit m10's and M20's

Cruise control cable would be about 1/16" away from bar if little plastic thing was intact, in my case 1 side was a bit damaged., look at it this morning and yes, it did rub a little, so tryed to adjusted and ended up snaping otherside. oh well, back to the yard it is, hehehhe.

yes, car does feel alot tighter, currently runing oem supension with 17/ 205 f/215 r /45.
used to have this feeling when turning, like front and rear were going at different rattes and rear always had sort of delay action. now it turns all at once., perhaps 17 yeard old sub-frame bushings do play into this issue.

either lifting one side or jacking it up from center will help installation, not the case with my car., it just went on when placed level atop both towers.

had an annoyng 55mph shimmy, (unbalnce front tire), it transfered all the way through steering whell, it seems that bar helped muting it, still there but does not travel to steering wheel. not very concerned about it,will replace tires once my H&R Bilstein Coilovers arrive, that an k-Mac c/caster plates and rear bushings.

gotten a few more warnings about k mac's rear moving, so i'm not 100% sure if i'll used those. perhaps Scott's greasable units would be a better/more secure option.

thanks to all four your comments,
regards,
frank

cheers,
Frank
e30 parts

#8 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
thats so nice dude, your way lucky to get a good buy on a good piece of equipment

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 03:55 AM
Neutral Member

pogiboy9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to pogiboy9 Send a message via MSN to pogiboy9
Looks good maybe ill bring over my car there with my other bmw buddies :P. Anyone in california, i'm in the 562 Area just pm me if anything.
#10 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Fox

Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
I found a guy who can make them for sub-$30. And this is professional stuff too.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>
Diplomacy is saying &quot;nice doggy&quot; until you find a rock.</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
#11 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
where at?

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)