BMW Werkz banner

help.. i need to get out my cluster.. Puzzled. =(

980 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  maciag 
#1 ·
87' 325 e30

need help really bad.. have to many things to do in my car i need to go ahead and get this done.

alright so what im doing is swapping out the cluster with a full new one because my old one had a board si board.. problem is, is installing it.

ive been following the helms manual to do it.. removed the steering wheel, bottom trim of the steering column, tried to remove the top, and its stuck on something so i cant. unscrewed the outer trim of the cluster, and the top clip screws.. but like.. here's where i need help really bad. for some reason the the bottom part of the outer trim of the cluster is still stuck in, therefore, i cant reach the bottom screws to get cluster out. i dont know if i have to remove this trim but, the bottom trim under the outer cluster trim is like stuck in and there's no screws to pull that piece out.. help? [:(]

#2 · (Edited)
alright i ended up finding out what to do, i reached up behind the panel i couldn't remove and on each side was a large knurled nut i had to undo by hand and it pops off. but now im at the back of the cluster and the cables won't come off, is there a certain way to pull them off..? what do i do? help please...?

edit:
nevermind.. agh, i finally got the cluster in i got out of a different bmw at a junk yard. and that one doesn't work either.. any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.