Hello Everyone - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 05:11 AM
PJG
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PJG is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi, My name is Patrick, and I just recently found your forum. I have just purchased a 1991 318i, and so far I am very impressed with it. By far the nicest car I have ever owned. The vehicle has 167k on the clock, but was extremely well taken care of. I have pretty much every service record that was done to the car.
Are there any trouble spots to look out for in these vehicles that I should be aware of? Everything seems to be working correctly, but you never know when something might come up. There's only two things right now that I have a question with.
The first, and this is going to sound kinda dumb, but how do you opperate the power locks? Is there a way to lock the vehicle from the inside? I'm sure there must be, but I can't seem to find it.
The only non-working item on the vehicle is the Fog Lamps. I guess I will check the fuses tommorrow to see if that is the culprit.
Thanks in Advance for any answers you might provide.

Also, since I am rather new to the world of BMW, what type of aftermarket support do these vehicles have? Are there any particularilly good parts houses that I should be aware of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Neutral Member

'85 318i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to '85 318i
a 318i eh? Good Choice! I love the hell out of mine. Decent Power, looks sexy and above all it handles like a dream. The only problem I have had with mine is I keep busting Distributor rotors... no big deal their pretty cheap. I can't think of anything else that I have a problem with constantly... Well small electrical problems (typical BMW) other than that, I love it. Aftermarket support for E30's is... well I don't know I havent found very much stuff for my car yet, but I havent looked around very much. Just E-Bay stuff so far.

Welcome to BMW and to these forums.

No posers, hacks or sellouts allowed.

"Only posers die..." - Stevo "SLC Punk!"
#3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 02:57 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Welcome Patrick and congrats on the new e30

the 85 318i and the 91 318i are very different cars with completely different engines and the 91 318's engine (M42) is a very good motor which was used by bmw up till 95. you can't really up the hp that much on them, but they love to rev and will last a long time. about the power locks, there's no button to lock the doors, but locking the drivers side door from the inside 'should' lock all the other doors in the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)