BMW Werkz banner

Hanging Trim + Trunk Leaks + Light Problems

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gotKRAUT 
#1 ·
So, three problems have recently developed with my 325es (and two been temporarily fixed with clear duct tape).

The first is that the chrome trim around the gutter / window on the passenger side of the car started hanging off near the bottom of the front window. It looks like the clips rusted away. What can I do to re-clip this trim? I was thinking of just grabbing some Gorilla Glue or something and attaching it that way.

The second issue has been going on for awhile. When I first got the car, the trunk leaked badly. I covered the cracks in the trunk seal with tape, and that seemed to completely alleviate the leak. Recently, however, I began to go through a brake / tail light bulb almost every day. I finally noticed that my driver's side tail light was halfway full of water, and the carpet behind the light was soaked. I was able to get all the water out and sealed the lens with more tape. Do I need an entire new lens, or just some sort of gasket? I can't find any cracks in the actual lens plastic.

The third also has to do with the driver's side rear lights. The wiring harness for the light assembly recently popped out of the clip it was in, so I now have to plug it in before I put the light assembly on. In addition, the assembly seems to fall off often, and the brake light warning LED illuminates intermittently (and while it is on, people tell me the driver's side brake light seems dim). The bulb isn't burnt out, so it seems to be something with the wiring harness. Any easy fix?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
First problems solution, get new clips...cost you all of $4 from BMW...lol

Second, get a new trunk gasket, also cheap from BMW

and last...replace all your bulbs with proper silver based bulbs...all new ones...should eliminate the dimming and intermittent tail light notification...no joke...

Pleaaaaaase don't use glue and tape...it's not the answer. Don't be afraid to replace things ;) its a BMW, not a Honda...tape isn't the only option...lol

Parts are cheap...buy em

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.