BMW Werkz banner

getting new high performance spark plugs anyone use these????

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  draculia 
#1 ·
I just bought some splitfire spark plugs before i was using some high performance ngk's. I just bought these off a site called club plug inc. has anyone used these before my dad said they were really good, and next week im buyin some nology high performance wires to replace the high performance wires i have now. has anyone used these wires there expensive too! for my car there about 249.99

#3 ·
I've use Splitfire's a couple times in smaller higher revving engines (mostly honda's) and they were okay. Nothing really spectacular, but they didn't do any harm either. What I did notice is that they fouled more quickly than stock plugs. I think they were mismatched for the temp range of the engine. Weather that was over or under, I am not sure, but they were pretty good, and hell, only $4-6 a peice, why not. As for the Nology wires... I really don't think there are many wires that are worth that price. Take a look at Ireland Engineering Performance Wires. For an i, they are only $136!!! I have not heard anyone on this board talk shit about their stuff, and there is another thread (probably still on the main page) that talks about someone switching from BAVAUTO performance wires to IE, and there was a BIG quality difference between the two in favor of IE.

Save some dough!

Josh W.

#4 ·
thanks everyone i had some performance wires that were exactly like bavauto.com wires and i know they were the same cuz a friend had some bavauto wires and we switched for a week to tell the difference and he said that they feel exactly the same but i really am thinkin bout those nology wires thou go to the site they look really good www.nology.com

#5 ·
If you want em, get em but I think thats a tad steep for wires. Performance wires for mine only cost $43 and I have 2 more than you. Then again, I own a Dodge now. No more expensive BMW parts. Damn I miss my E30 :(

#6 ·
nology wires suck as do splitfire plugs. splitfire was sued for millions back a long time ago for claiming all types of fuel economy improvements and power increases when in fact they performed no better that a standard plug. if you want a "high performance" plug get some iridium plugs, otherwise stick with single electrode platinum or copper plugs. some "high performance" attributes to look for in a "racing" plug are back cut ground electrodes, and trapazoid cut ground electrodes. the pupose of both these attributes is to unshroud the spark, or in other words to expose as much spark as possible. of course proper gapping and indexing will also make sure you're getting the most out of the plugs. realistically though, unless you're dumping tons of boost or nitrous or have super high compression, plug choice won't really matter.

i won't even get into nology wires. here's an idea, take that money and buy a chip, or put it to something else worthwhile.

if you're wondering, i use copper plugs that i replace ever few oil changes, and stock wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.