BMW Werkz banner

Gas Treatment

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  e30fanm3 
#1 ·
So I added in STP gas treatment and the car has been starting every time and when it was really cold it still started up pretty easily, mabey one or 2 tries when it was freezing. Does this mean I should add that STP gas treatment every time I fill up the car or just that once? Get back on that subject please.

#2 ·
No, just once in a while. Gas treatments tend to also serve as octane boosters- most contain ample portions of alcohol as a water remover. Running it too much simply isn't a good thing for the motor.

#3 ·
like, the car needs it to actually start I think, I got starting problems when its cold and I poured that stuff in on a full tank and untill the tank ran out it started every time instantly no matter what temperature till it ran out, then I put in half a tank and it didnt start the next day. So I went and poured in some more of that and in about 3 mins it started. what do you think? get back to me on that.

#6 ·
the reason i say maybe a fuel filter is cause the additive is a higher octane so maybe the engine doesnt need as much to run as it would with just gas so if the filter is a little clogged it may still be getting enough of the additive to run. same thing with the fuel pressure regulator, but thats just a guess i could be way off, i would have to have the car here to correctly diagnose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.