A few tips - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 01:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mysticguy04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mysticguy04 Send a message via Yahoo to mysticguy04
(Thread Starter)
Hey all,
Have a few questions for all you wise bimmer owners.
1 - with all the air intake systems out there at different prices what would you all suggest is the best, easiest to install, and best value out of them all?
2 - whats the best product for the dash to protect it yet not promote cracking. I've heard Armour all with it's synthetic ingredients will promote cracking.
3 - whats the best product and how often of use for rubber trim strips for my convertible top, window seams etc.
4- what's the best all around oil to use in the Northeast? Synthetic or Regular?
4 - Is there a site that offers alternative automatic not manual gear shift knobs?
Okay, I'll stop now!! :}
I own a 1992 e30 series 325i convertible.
Thx all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 01:39 PM
5th Gear Member

Aether is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Aether Send a message via MSN to Aether
2 - Armor All works just fine if you use it well. Don't scub it in really hard, let it sit for forty minutes to an hour, then get some moderate cleaning solution (like something you'd use for vinyl flooring) and clean the Armor All off. Your dash won't be shiny for as long, but the worst chemicals will be off it.
4 - For a high-mileage engine, and if you live anywhere that gets summertime temperatures, I'd suggest Castrol GTX full-synthetic. It's pretty hot where I live, so I get 20w50. The only issue with that it that it's pretty prone to heat expansion, so you have to be careful about how much you put in.
4 (the second one) - Bavarian Autosport has automatic knobs.

Nice ride.

Four Five Six - It's on.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 01:47 PM
5th Gear Member

Silver4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
1) I'll leave this for the BMW-F mod squad.

2) Any of the brand name products are good. Everyone has their opinion/favorite.Click here for a link to the major car care products by category or manufacturer. Scroll down to see this info.

Note: I use/have used Armor All for over 20 years without a problem (old school), not as a cleaner but as a conditioner. I clean first with a gentle cleaning solution, apply Armor All and then polish/wipe it off real good after applying it. This will leave a nice sheen and remove that wet look that is greasy, slippery, causes glare, attracts dust and generally looks bad.

IMO, for long term, no effort protection of your dash, purchasing a dash cover is the simplest, most cost effective method of protecting it. Try Bav Auto for further info. You'll clean your dash about 10 times less often and reach your goal of keeping your dash from cracking.

3) I use Black again. It seems to work well on trim that is good condition. It doesn't last that long though. I'll probably try something else when I finish using what I have. Forever Black seems to get very good reviews for trim that needs restoring. Check the link above for add'l products. .

4) Synthetic Oil is the way to go. Less friction, better lubrication.

5) or 4II Bav Auto, again :-)

2004 E60 530is, Delivered 12/12/03, TiSilver/LGrey, PP, SP,PS, PDC, ACC, FRS, Step, Xenons, clear bra, body colored rear inserts. (Retired, 1983 henna red 320is)

2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)