Join Date: Sep 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Hey sports fans,
I'm fixing up a 1991 318is I got for $500. The muffler had two leaks, so I bought a new one. When I removed the oxygen sensor, some of the bung threads of the catalytic converter went with it. I don't want to replace the exhaust manifold, too. So please help, because I have three questions...
(1) The diagram on realoem.com RealOEM.com BMW E30 318is Exhaust manifold indicates that the exhaust manifold is a single piece separated by one gasket from the catalytic converter. After I removed the gasket, I see 4 distinct bands on the cat-end of the manifold, just like the attached picture. What are the bands?
(2) The diagram also shows four screws (part #2), which are separate from the exhaust manifold. In my case, the screws are not separate from the band closest to the manifold. If I break that band in an attempt to remove the screws, do I need to replace the exhaust manifold?
(3) Parts number 4,7, and 12in the realoem.com catalytic converter diagram RealOEM.com BMW E30 318is CATALYTIC CONVERTER/FRONT SILENCER are virtually impossible to find online. Why? If I'm a web site that sells the catalytic converter, wouldn't I also sell the parts to attach it to the frame?
Thank you in advance!
| || |
1. The diagrams on RealOEM are not really to be trusted as far as being to scale/accurate depictions of parts.
2. You're linking to a LHD m42 manifold ... yet you posted a picture of a RHD manifold. Where are you and which side of the car is the steering wheel on? I'm confused as all hell.
3. Try ecstuning.com
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Free $1,000 Pre-Paid Gift Card!||free4uu||Other Rides||6||08-03-2006 05:07 PM|