Join Date: Sep 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Hey sports fans,
I'm fixing up a 1991 318is I got for $500. The muffler had two leaks, so I bought a new one. When I removed the oxygen sensor, some of the bung threads of the catalytic converter went with it. I don't want to replace the exhaust manifold, too. So please help, because I have three questions...
(1) The diagram on realoem.com RealOEM.com BMW E30 318is Exhaust manifold indicates that the exhaust manifold is a single piece separated by one gasket from the catalytic converter. After I removed the gasket, I see 4 distinct bands on the cat-end of the manifold, just like the attached picture. What are the bands?
(2) The diagram also shows four screws (part #2), which are separate from the exhaust manifold. In my case, the screws are not separate from the band closest to the manifold. If I break that band in an attempt to remove the screws, do I need to replace the exhaust manifold?
(3) Parts number 4,7, and 12in the realoem.com catalytic converter diagram RealOEM.com BMW E30 318is CATALYTIC CONVERTER/FRONT SILENCER are virtually impossible to find online. Why? If I'm a web site that sells the catalytic converter, wouldn't I also sell the parts to attach it to the frame?
Thank you in advance!
1. The diagrams on RealOEM are not really to be trusted as far as being to scale/accurate depictions of parts.
2. You're linking to a LHD m42 manifold ... yet you posted a picture of a RHD manifold. Where are you and which side of the car is the steering wheel on? I'm confused as all hell.
3. Try ecstuning.com
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Free $1,000 Pre-Paid Gift Card!||free4uu||Other Rides||6||08-03-2006 05:07 PM|