Eta's and Injectors... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
Eta's and Injectors...

As many know the Eta's have to run low impedance injectors...i was running the high impedance 19lb bosch injectors from a ford mustang for a while per the advice of Starmavin...he assured me they would be just fine in an Eta....

The car had tons of low end power but would run really weak on top end...not to mention i was getting about 25mpg highway...i decided to ditch the high impedance injectors and get my OE Eta injectors rebuilt.

Took them out to Doctor Injector here in the Sacramento area and had them rebuilt...They pulled them apart, ultrasonically cleaned the crap out of them replaced the pintles and caps and flow tested and cleaned them till they got perfect matching flow with perfect fan spray out of each injector. This all cost less than $200...

Popped them in when i got home and cranked it up...best idle i have ever heard from my car...let it run for a bit then took it out...man the car felt FANTASTIC...top end pulls SO hard now, not to mention i get 30mpg at 75mph with a 3.23 LSD took it out for a top end run and let off at around 135mph, it was still pulling...

Moral of the story...the best injector for an Eta is a port matched and cleaned OE injector...nuff said

Doctor Injector

they have several locations and kick ace...i highly recommend them if you have one near you...if not then find another place that specializes in injectors

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!

Last edited by gotKRAUT; 10-18-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
5th Gear Member

e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to e30dream
would you be interested in selling your 19#/hr injectors?

#3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
5th Gear Member

e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of
and maybe a bottlecap wheel. I know you got tons of spare parts just hanging around.
1. Sell tons of spare parts.
2. Receive cash money from the paypal.
3. Buy that alpineweiss E90 335i with cash.
4. Paint various trim pieces black

#4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30dream
would you be interested in selling your 19#/hr injectors?
you have an Eta no? and what year? the only year they would run right on is 88 and up...and i think even the 88 Eta would run a bit off with them...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Neutral Member

revharde30 is on a distinguished road
so kraut what all do u have to do to put a m coupe diff in my e
#6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
5th Gear Member

BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by revharde30
so kraut what all do u have to do to put a m coupe diff in my e
You have to change the input and output flanges, and speed sensor, everything else is the same.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:50 PM
5th Gear Member

i thought the 19lb/hr injectors from the mustang worked in the I motor too??!?

the yellow ones?

#8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
i thought the 19lb/hr injectors from the mustang worked in the I motor too??!?

the yellow ones?

ONLY work in the i/iS cars....didnt know yours was an i...ya they should pop right in if you want em, but you will need the Mike D 19lb injector chip to get the most powah out of em...but i hear it makes awesome power with said chip...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Neutral Member

revharde30 is on a distinguished road
hey kraut wehn u put the in and out flanges on the m rear end do u have to rplace the seals and the dope
#10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT
ONLY work in the i/iS cars....didnt know yours was an i...ya they should pop right in if you want em, but you will need the Mike D 19lb injector chip to get the most powah out of em...but i hear it makes awesome power with said chip...
yeah ive got an i, do you still have yours? sometime next month Ill probably have some extea cash

#11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revharde30
hey kraut when u put the in and out flanges on the m rear end do u have to replace the seals and the dope
just the lock ring on the input flange, and if you change the cover which you dont have to you will need the gasket

Quote:
yeah ive got an i, do you still have yours? sometime next month Ill probably have some extea cash
ya i still have them...they are just laying around $80 they are yours...i paid like $100 shipped for all 8

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)