BMW Werkz banner

electrical of licence plate, rear side lights

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  javieruz 
#1 ·
Hello,

i am new here and i found many of the topics interesting so i am posting my problem too...

I've got 87 325i convertible and my licence plate lights along with the dashboard backlighting and rear mark lights work veeeery sporadically. :blink: Hearing about all the electrical problems of E30's it seems normal but I was wondering whether the wiring on rear side lights, licence plate lights and the backlight for that dashboard are anyhow wired together??? since they are on the same fuse... i checked the rear side lights and cleaned them up because they were very corroded inside but havent tried to put new bulbs in there yet.
Does any one know about wiring these? If the side lights are disconnected, one of the CHECK lights comes on, is it possible that all of the mentioned lights are in series or wired so that if one goes out all the others stop working too???

thanks for any replies guys!!!

javier

#2 ·
well, after 4 hours of fiddling with some things today i found out the source of the problem. i took the whole headlight on/off (dimmer regulator) switch out and took it apart... then i cleaned the contacts on the slider switches and the circuit board and put it all together. and vuala, my no light problem at night was solved.
it took a lot of time to fnally figure out, but finally fixed it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.