BMW Werkz banner

Electric Door Locks And Window Switches

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  draculia 
#1 ·
javascript:emoticon(':wtf')
javascript:emoticon(':wtf')ryankc@alltel.net
#1 I have a 325i 1988, with power doors and windows. One by one, my power window switches have failed. I am down to one working switch (out of 7). Does anyone know of a cheap place to buy switches? Bavauto has them for $30 each new, and ebay has used for cheap, but I'm afraid there is either something wrong with the electrical system that is zapping them, or they have a tendancy to fail after a certain life span.

#2 Both the passenger and driver side door locks are broken. I have to lock and unlock from the trunk. The key turns just fine, but nothing happens. I don't know if I need a new lock, or a new motor ($$$$$) is there any way to convert the electrical lock into a manual lock, so I won't have this problem again?

Any help or referral is greatly appreciated. :wtf

#3 ·
Originally posted by ryankc@Nov 8 2004, 01:28 PM
javascript:emoticon(':wtf')
javascript:emoticon(':wtf')ryankc@alltel.net
#1 I have a 325i 1988, with power doors and windows. One by one, my power window switches have failed. I am down to one working switch (out of 7). Does anyone know of a cheap place to buy switches? Bavauto has them for $30 each new, and ebay has used for cheap, but I'm afraid there is either something wrong with the electrical system that is zapping them, or they have a tendancy to fail after a certain life span.

#2 Both the passenger and driver side door locks are broken. I have to lock and unlock from the trunk. The key turns just fine, but nothing happens. I don't know if I need a new lock, or a new motor ($$$$$) is there any way to convert the electrical lock into a manual lock, so I won't have this problem again?

Any help or referral is greatly appreciated. :wtf
[snapback]226863[/snapback]​
Now this one i can help you with, dont even need to spend money. My window switch for my window decided to wrk some days and die others. So i decided to take it apart to figure out wtf was wrong with it. SO i took apart the button, switch what ever the hell it is, and cleaned the connections and it works. (or so i hope i just did it today during 4th period) but when i took it apart it had black stuff(burnt) on it from shorts. SO i cleaned it all off put it back together and it should work. Try it. If that doesnt work, buy from Speedy, cause hes the man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.