BMW Werkz banner

is an e30 a traffic ticket magnet or is just me?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  träumer 
#1 ·
i have gotten stopped 2 times in a span of 3 days. once for running a stop sign, i did! and once for running a school bus stop sign that wasn't me. I dont remember ever seeing a bus on the street. the cop was like i can help you out in court to not get points on your license. that made me wonder if the cops have a quota of tickets per month or do they get overtime for going to court trials. i hope i will not get any points on my license because my insurance wil go up like crazy. i have had a clean license for 4 years you think if i go to trial the judge wont give points. i am thinking of driving to work on a different street because this is getting bad for me.

#2 ·
why would you run a stop sign? thats one of the dumbest ideas ever... anyways besides that, cops don't have quota's for tickets. They dont get paid over time for court trials, they book them all in one day and instead of going to work they go to court, same pay. Usualy the cop doesn't show, but in the case they do show you can plead your case, and usualy you can get a reduced fine and or no points.

#3 ·
they usually let you pay a higher fine to avoid the points. quotas are taboo but when i was a traffic cop you were expected to right 10 per shift...math :eek:

2 shifts=20 per day=2 cops on duty per day=40 per day=280 week.

920 per month. average fine for a ticket was $75. i think i did the math right here, this is only based on a small department with a 2nd and 3rd shift, the chief didn't patrol during the day so no police converage, you can see that cites provide an a**load of money for the village/township. if you didn't right at least 10 per shift the chief would call you at home in the morning an ask you what the hell you were doing all night ? i wrote 26 traffic cites in one 8 hour shift one time, the record was 33 ! i could have wrote more but i actually had to arrest a couple of people. alot of departments are corrupt with the concern on profit and not protection.

sorry aboout the venting... :cool: :eek: :cool:

#4 ·
lol that's an interesting side of the story. In FL I always had the option of taking a 4 hr drivers improvement course and I would get a slightly cheaper ticket (like $20 off) and no points, but had to pay for the course (like $15 online) You can only do it once per year and like 5 times in a lifetime I think. I'm at 2 now, but moved to CT.

So assuming you're still in Miami, use the course for the first ticket, fight the other one. No points... and quit running stopsigns @$$hole! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.