e30 stereo - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 01:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
tankman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tankman Send a message via Yahoo to tankman
my car came with the nicer stereo tweeters on the a pillars and such but only speaker that works is the front passenger footwell speaker is it possible the wires in back of deck are just lose cuz i figure if the rest were blown ude hear it. but its like none of them are hookjed in

allso in terms of upgradeing can 6x9's fit where the old pods in the back are? i was thinking about getting a premere deck and some better footweel spealkers and eiterh nicer 4inch or try and do 6x9's in the back with a 10 inch sub inside a bandpass box would this sound good?

85audi 4000s Quattro a few goodies e-codes and tunes(and a pimp misfits sticker on the back booyah)

--justin
Bend(sunriver) Oregon
tankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2003, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
shit sorry i cant spell u will get used to it

85audi 4000s Quattro a few goodies e-codes and tunes(and a pimp misfits sticker on the back booyah)

--justin
Bend(sunriver) Oregon
Old 12-28-2003, 04:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
KenCopperwheat is an unknown quantity at this point
First of all, as far as sound quality is concerned, bandpass boxes are terrible. Fitting 6x9s into the rear deck isn't worth the trouble. The stock hole is a 5.25", and it would be much easier to fit a pair of 6.5"s back there. You'll get almost as much bass, however, you'll get much better sound quality. The kick panel speakers in the front are also 5.25"s. You could replace the fronts with some nice components and mount the tweeters in the pods in the A-pillar. If you're going to get a sub, I wouldn't worry about getting anything larger than a 5.25" in the back. My advice would be to get two sets of components (5.25") and a nice amp. Rewire the entire car as well. A sub and sub-amp will be easy to add to the system too.
KenCopperwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
well i dont havfe alot of money right now so components arent really in the budget plus i still need a new deck so ok i figure a pair of pioneer 6.5s in back and some nice infinitys in the kick panels i allready had a 6.5 inch bazzoka tube in my audi running 200 watts but i still dont think it hits hard enough sometimes so i was thinking 8 or 10 i dont wanna shake the car apart like a freaking honduh but want damn good bass still i figure my bro can help me wire since im no good well i will keep my ears open and hopes up its to cold right now to do anything but thanx

allso how do i post pix i tried it and it says it cant use the type of link my pix are on yahoo

--justin
Bend(sunriver) Oregon
Old 12-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
KenCopperwheat is an unknown quantity at this point
www.carmedia1.com has really good prices on car audio. If you're going to put a sub in the back, it isn't worth the time and effort to upgrade to a 6.5" in the rear parcel shelf. I'd just get 2 pairs of nice coax 5.25"s
KenCopperwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Stuka is an unknown quantity at this point
ON my old e30 I took the rear speakers completely out and left the covers on, so the sub would be able to go right through. Also, the sub's vibration would also override the rear shelf speakers, giving a horribly distorted sound, or none at all. No one hears the back speakers anyway. Your best bet is getting good componets for the front, and 2 10's for the back(what did)

6 cylinders, 5 Speeds, 4 Doors, 3 Pedals, 2 Exhaust Pipes, 1 Ultimate Drving Machine
Stuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
no ken i was never thinking of putting a sub in the parcel shelf i ment in the trunk guys

i tried this with the audi but the gas tank is behind the seat and before the trunkand no bass got through so i just put the bazooka tube behind the passenger seat on the floor worekd ok but i figure if the seat is the only thing in the way of the bimmer it wont sound to bad

--justin
Bend(sunriver) Oregon
Old 12-29-2003, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bassrebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Well.... I do have 6x9"'s in the back of my car, hehe yes, it was a lot of trouble putting then in the back, but the sound is terrific, in the front you could accomodate easily 6" just like me for the subs, I have a Planet Audio 600 for 4 12" subs. I had a problem, and the problem was that the rear speakers were a lot louder than the front ones, but I've fixed the problem rewiring every speaker in the car.

Have a Nice DAy
bassrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
i had the same rears are louder on my audi i just switched the intput channels and turned the gain down

--justin
Bend(sunriver) Oregon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)