BMW Werkz banner

E30 M3 body panels on normal E30?

16K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  shopkeep 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever put the flared fenders and even the whole body kit of the E30 M3 on their normal E30. Or perhaps bent out the fenders themselves. I would really like to do this...since i cant afford an E30 M3 in the first place, especially after spending the money to drop in an S52.

#2 ·
the front fenders bolt right on but you have to run the M3 bumper too from my understanding...

and with intensive fabrication you can weld in the rear panels too...but then you have to run the rear bumper too...but the trunk wont work from my understanding as the whole C pillar is different on the M3

i think its a terrible idea unless you just have $6-8k laying around for body parts, and a decent paint job, and if thats the case you might as well buy a builder M3 and swap the S52 in....

:dunno just a thought ;)

#3 ·
yeah sounds like it would take a bit of modification to make the trunk work...if i bought a builder M3 i would probably still be tempted to keep the engine and rebuild it, because I would really love to experiance a true E30 M3, and then from there modify it with the original engine.

#4 ·
shopkeep said:
yeah sounds like it would take a bit of modification to make the trunk work...if i bought a builder M3 i would probably still be tempted to keep the engine and rebuild it, because I would really love to experiance a true E30 M3, and then from there modify it with the original engine.
exxxxxactly ;)

#5 · (Edited)
You can buy the factory front and rear metal M3 replacement panels from germany and install them on your car. An extensive amount of work, professional installation will be needed just like KRAUT said. But you can buy them.....

The front fenders are $353.77 each
The rear fenders are $968.13 each
The rear spoiler is $1,272.24
The front bumper is $1,344.78
The rear bumper is $1,149.48
The side skirts are $387.25 each

A measly $7184.80
Plus shipping.
Fasteners, labor and paint.
Then add all the other small things I forgot.

I can't understand why nobody does it. :conf :mystery

P.S. After all that you would still be a member of the M-poster club....

#6 · (Edited)
i just found a used rear bumper for under 300....I think with a bit of searching a project like this could be done for a lot less money, not counting the paint job. Once again yea, making the trunk area look just like it though i agree would cause a lot of grief, but i care most about those flared fenders, think it would look ok with just the flared fenders and bumpers?

professional installation...i have my dad for that lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.