E30 help. Kyle, starmavin, anyone :) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to e30dream
(Thread Starter)
E30 help. Kyle, starmavin, anyone :)

Here is my scenario:

Im in a parking lot (so im not going more than 5mph) and i turn into a spot, fairly tight turn, and applied brakes to stop in the spot. But as the steering wheel is turned and i apply the brakes, I get a strange feeling from the brake pedal.

Imagine stepping on a garden hose with your foot and flattening it, then somehow having marbles or something pulled through it marble by marble, not all together at once, but intermittently. (hope that helps) Ive driven my friends civic when her rotors were warped and had that pedal vibration, this is much different.

It only does this while turning slowly and more on the sharp side., for the most part only like the above example. I have not felt this while braking on a straight line at all, again only while turning, could something in the steering/susension/wheel hub/anything be fuxoring with my brakes??

Thankee.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
usually what you are describing sounds like the ABS is kicking on....is one tire lifting off the ground or something are you hitting gravel or a puddle of water?? is you ABS light on? are your tires completely bald? lol

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
I have the same feeling but rarely and going in straight line. I have a pad that keeps getting loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
That marble thing sounds like ABS.

#5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM
5th Gear Member

e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
tires are all all great tread. its not gravel or anything, its just when i turn at slower speeds into a parking spot or at a similar angle. ABS light is not on.

Although i personally believe I did a fine job, Its always a possibility that i fuckered something up when I changed pads all around.

#6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
could be...only you can screw up pad installs lol :P jk

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 12:22 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
lol shut up. I really honestly dont think I did, Im just not going to rule out that possibility. I try to learn by doing hands or on the internet and that for the most part my available help

#8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

flipsgonetopless is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to flipsgonetopless
I had the same thing happen to me today, I was coming out of a parking lot whe I felt my ABS activate and a while late my ABS light came on. I turned the car off for 5 minutes and it came off but then it happened again. The funny thing is that I did my own brakes and I installed the lowring springs and new shocks and struts. What can this be?
#9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:49 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
my ABS light doesnt come on, it works fine when all the dash lights are lit. I honestly dont know what it feels like when "abs acts up" or when i can feel it, but this feels more "random" than anything... kind of hard to explain. when i get some free time, im tempted just to make you drive it kyle. that is after i make it presentable... lack of car washing resources here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)