BMW Werkz banner

E21 Punch Outs In Back Seat

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BMWJNKY 
#1 ·
E21 Punch Outs In Back Seat I heard there are punchouts in e21 or maybe just a 1983 320i but is that true. And where are they located at the bottom couldn't find mine!

#2 ·
Originally posted by eat_mor_chikin@Dec 11 2004, 01:26 PM
E21 Punch Outs In Back Seat I heard there are punchouts in e21 or maybe just a 1983 320i but is that true. And where are they located at the bottom couldn't find mine!
[snapback]248031[/snapback]​
what the hell our punch outs.

#3 ·
Originally posted by eat_mor_chikin@Dec 11 2004, 01:26 PM
[snapback]248031[/snapback]​
what the hell our punch outs.

#4 ·
hello and welcome to a fact in body design.

punch outs= preforated steel for cheaper design manufacturing, if you want the options the guys at the factory take the centers out and install what was meant to be there, sort of like your p.c. has punch-outs in the case as well, when you add a extra card in the back you are taking a metal flap out, not needed before but thought out at the engineers blueprinting days, left in for all models.
so
perhaps your car has many features that you can add on with a flick of a screw-driver.

if its a heavy guage steel bar, w/folds for integrity -dont cut it...

if its a small hole you need for say a port for your 2-15"dvc(DualVoiceCoil) speakers to vent and tune into your car like mine, then i can give, and show you pics on how i did my back seat to
"fold up " and also, make a pathway for sound. while keeping the wind out of my girlfriends hair when the top is down...i added a rear deflector.

it may cost you about 15 dollars to do it right and at least a few hours from start-finnesh.

took me 2 weeks and 3 alpha desing plates, 2 beta plates and one omega desing... :nana

#6 ·
Originally posted by eat_mor_chikin@Dec 12 2004, 10:25 AM
so there are or not? lol to much big words for me!
[snapback]248515[/snapback]​
"if" they are there, they would be perforated and after you pop em out would require a de-burring or a rubber gasket.

what exactly are we associating with?
year, make, what panel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.