BMW Werkz banner

Door Lock Problem

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Kowalski 
#1 ·
Alrite since its been really cold around here i havent locked my car in awhile because they have been frozen. THen one day it was pretty nice out and i thought i would try to lock my car. As it turns out the only lock that goes down now is the drivers side lock. Also when I turn the key u can here a noise coming from the kick panel where the speaker is located. I have talked to some people and supposedly behind the speaker there is somethin that controls the central locking system.. I forgot wat it's called????

Ne ways has ne one else had a problem with their locks, and can someone help me out.

#2 ·
Originally posted by Bmw1990@Jan 30 2005, 05:50 PM
Alrite since its been really cold around here i havent locked my car in awhile because they have been frozen. THen one day it was pretty nice out and i thought i would try to lock my car. As it turns out the only lock that goes down now is the drivers side lock. Also when I turn the key u can here a noise coming from the kick panel where the speaker is located. I have talked to some people and supposedly behind the speaker there is somethin that controls the central locking system.. I forgot wat it's called????

Ne ways has ne one else had a problem with their locks, and can someone help me out.
[snapback]282723[/snapback]​
all thats behind my speakers is wiring, but i had an aftermarket alarm put in so the locking controll system was encorperated into that so im gona guess that my old one was removed. however, if your having a problem with this it would probably be cheaper to get an alarm installed, go to your local custom shop and get an alarm installed for like 200 bucks or osmthing like that and it should take care of it, unless its your solinoides then you will need new ones, get them at teh wrecker or somthing like that.

#3 ·
Well the guy at Bavauto said thats where the problem lies.. in the kick panel. I still dont know what the problem is.. ne help would be greatly appriecated.

#4 ·
i have kinda that problem my locks wont lock with the key anymore i have to open back door and push drivers lock down to lock all of the locks

#5 ·
Yea its not my lock that doesnt work... if works fine. Its just that the central locking system is not working ne more. Like I said before, whenever i turn the lock my lock goes down along with a weird noise coming from the kick panel... now the other locks will not go down!!! :banghead

#6 ·
Originally posted by Bmw1990@Jan 31 2005, 05:44 PM
Yea its not my lock that doesnt work... if works fine. Its just that the central locking system is not working ne more. Like I said before, whenever i turn the lock my lock goes down along with a weird noise coming from the kick panel... now the other locks will not go down!!! :banghead
[snapback]283524[/snapback]​
take off the kick panel and see whats behind it, if there is somthing behind it replace it if thats possible or when the kick panel is off see what is making the noise, and go to the wrecker and get another one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.