BMW Werkz banner

Diagnostic Connector Analyse

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kowalski 
#1 ·
I need information about some software and hardware i need to connect my car (325 IX 89) on a pc for analyse it. I know that carsoft have a software but what else?
Can i make a home made connector just for read car code. And if yes, how can i decode it?..If some one have great information web page about how work the BMW diagnostic system it will be very usefull. I have found lot of think about ODB II but not for BMW.

Thx for all information, more i have, easyless will be my project :)

#2 ·
OK, the diagnostic connector is one way to get the information.

The other is the key and stomp.

Diagnostic for the OBD II

Here are some connector information points.

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/reset1.gif

1. Ground
4. Temperature sensor
7. Reset
8. TDC sensor yellow
9. TDC sensor shield
10.TDC sensor black
11.Start signal
12.Alternator charging excitation voltage
13.Ignition coil
14.Alternator charging supply current
15.Oxygen Heater

Later,

#3 ·
Yes i found this information about tis tool. But what i whant to do its to plug it permanent to a my laptop in the car to see all information when i'm run the car. (Like your personnal picture in your post, a software that show me all information about the car, like O2, rmp, speed ect,,,)

thx a lot for your help

#4 ·
Originally posted by {NTM}@Jan 22 2005, 07:55 AM
Yes i found this information about tis tool. But what i whant to do its to plug it permanent to a my laptop in the car to see all information when i'm run the car. (Like your personnal picture in your post, a software that show me all information about the car, like O2, rmp, speed ect,,,)

thx a lot for your help
[snapback]276658[/snapback]​
hey i like that idea, how would you go about doing that on a 91 318is? im guessing buying hte diagnostic cable and hooking it up to a usb port some how, maybe it comes with one and then you'd need decoding software, and if you had all that im guessing you could change stuff right? im not much for computers, more the mechanical side of things, thats what i try to stay away from newer cars... howevr i couldn't resist the E30

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.