BMW Werkz banner

Dash Mods Advice wanted....

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Nutted318 
#1 ·
First off, Im new to this site, so any help would be appreciated.

I was looking on ebay, and they had a pic of a dash removed. From what I saw, there were only a couple spots where the dash actually bolted in, so it looked rather simple to remove. Though others I know said removing dashes are about a 2 weekend Job. Do any of you know where I can find a place, or can any of you tell me where the dash is actually mounted in at?

Second, I was looking to take out my dash to sand it down, put a sort of fiberglass resin on it. Then shoot it with a high gloss black paint at a friends booth. Do you know what people usually use prior to painting their dashes? The best idea I came up with was a sort of Fiber Glass Resin we sell at my work. You usually use it to dip fiberglass mats in, and patch up holes with. But I Thought maybe applying a very very thin layer across my dash would work as well.

Ive never tried any of this, so any help that ANYONE can come up with would be great.

And its an 84 318, if that helps. Thanks fellas, Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.