BMW Werkz banner

Dash Covers? ('85 325e)

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  sweetlilbug 
#1 ·
I recently bought back my 1985 325e from a friend in LA and the dash is pretty badly cracked. I'm planning to spend several years restoring this car, so eventually a new dash is in order, but until then I was thinking about getting one of those covers that are supposed to look like the original dash.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Specifically, do they cover the entire dash surface (all the way down the center console) or do they cut off just south of the AC vents? Are there noticeable gaps at any of the edges or AC vent cutouts?

Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dix

#2 ·
yea they stop just below the vents, ive only seen one that actually looked good and it was on a 528, but the many others i have seen looked like crap. I would like to find a cloth one that just covers the top, but i dont want that stupid little flap that comes down over the vents, just one that will cover the crack on the top

#3 ·
you could try BMP design out of Texas, or Bavarian Autosport in NH. BavAuto is supposed to have a good one, and i know that BMP only want's like $100 for theirs. They look all right, but a new dash is even better. Works until then, however

#4 ·
Originally posted by german-speed-demon@Mar 9 2005, 05:34 PM
you could try BMP design out of Texas, or Bavarian Autosport in NH. BavAuto is supposed to have a good one, and i know that BMP only want's like $100 for theirs. They look all right, but a new dash is even better. Works until then, however
[snapback]307392[/snapback]​
could you clerify what BMP is? I'm in need of this too

Thanks

#5 ·
BMP design out of Tyler, Texas

Has a huge catalog of parts for bmw's

www.bmpdesign.com
Address
BMP Design Inc.
3208 Park Center Drive
Tyler, Texas, 75701

Phone Numbers
Toll Free: (800) 648-7278
Local: (903) 581-1855
24-Hour Fax: (903) 581-8206

Email
Sales: sales@bmpdesign.com
Customer Service: customerservice@bmpdesign.com

#11 ·
#12 ·
Originally posted by '89 635 csi@Mar 9 2005, 09:16 PM
It's not a real good picture but it looks real good!
Definitely worth $100.
You can't even tell that it's on there!
I just painted the car so some of the interior trim is missing, in case your wondering!
[snapback]307545[/snapback]​
yeah from what I can see it looks like it matches up perfectly, so how does it lock in place? :confused

#17 ·
Originally posted by '89 635 csi@Mar 9 2005, 09:27 PM
believe it or not, that's the factory carpet!
I steam clean it about once a month though!
[snapback]307559[/snapback]​
I just got my dashmat yesterday and it looks great even had it embroidered with year, make and model of my car to cover dash cracks. I paid 38.95 for the velour cover from dashmatsforless. There is a Bavarian Used Parts dealer in California who quoted me $150 for a new dash shipped for my 325i. Pretty good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.