BMW Werkz banner

Clutch Pedal Mount Tweaked

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  325eXTATIC 
#1 ·
Hey all, when I first bought my car, the guy I bought it from AutoX'd it 2 times before going out and buying an e30 M3... During those two autocross sessions (I am a member of the same AutoX Club in Atlanta, so I know it was only twice!) he was slamming on the clutch pedal hard enough to bend the mount. I knew about it when I bought it, but it is starting to bug me now! The pedal never fully returns to its starting point, but the clutch DOES fully disengage so that isn't an issue. I just want a clutch pedal that works 100%! Upon fixing this issue (if possible) I will be buying one of the BavAuto Clutch Stops to make sure that doesn't happen again when I eventually take the car Autocrossing!

Thanks for the heads up!

Josh W

#2 ·
Bump

#3 ·
Bleed your brakes, master, and slaver cylinder since it shares the same fluid? If that doesn't solve your problem then you'll probably need to replace the master and/or slave cylinder. Go to you local hardware store and make your own clutch stop for less the $3.00 rather than spend $50.00+ for one..

#4 ·
Originally posted by Fuggly@Aug 22 2005, 02:46 PM
Bleed your brakes, master, and slaver cylinder since it shares the same fluid? If that doesn't solve your problem then you'll probably need to replace the master and/or slave cylinder. Go to you local hardware store and make your own clutch stop for less the $3.00 rather than spend $50.00+ for one..
[snapback]371635[/snapback]​

The Master and Slave are both new, as is the clutch and pressure plate... It isn't an air in the lines kind of issue... the clutch engages/disengages perfectly well, but the actual pivot point at the top of the pedal is bent. I have not looked too deeply under the dash, so I don't know what would be necessary to replace that mount (I think the brake pedal is attached to it as well, if my ever failing memory serves me right).

Will I have to drop or remove the steering wheel? Are there any electrical connections that I would have to cut or relocate?

That is what kind of info I am after... But thanks for your time Fugg!

Josh W.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.