• Don't buy it.

Votes: 3 60.0%

Is this car worth the asking price???

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Ivan 
#1 ·
1988 325iX
Silver on Cardinal Red Leather
117,000 miles but carfax said this...

CARFAX found a potential odometer rollback for this 1988 BMW 325IX (WBAAB930XJ2550162). These readings were collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Reading reported on 02/27/2001: 102,972 miles
Reading reported on 02/19/2004: 100,140 miles
Potential odometer rollback of: 2,832 miles
Gas gauge is acting up

Interior in good condition

2 owner car in Louisiana and Kansas (1st owner 12/05/1989 Louisiana
2nd owner 11/19/2003 Kansas)

Driveshaft and transfer case known to be in good shape

The passenger side highbeam is cracked. It still works but the glass is cracked.

You can't unlock the doors using the drivers side door lock, but all the doors lock and unlock perfectly from the trunk and passenger side door. The drivers door locks and unlocks fine, it's just that you can't use the key to unlock and lock the doors from the outside.

It is currently missing the glove box because it was locked shut and so it was broken open.

-Genuine Rieger Infinity 1 lip spoiler
-Euro fog light switch
-black kidney grills
-blacked out sidemarkers
-BavAuto powerflow Intake kit with heatshield
-Momo shift knob
-replica ACS pedals and doorsills
-leather e36 e-brake handle
-tucked front bumper
-smoked tail lights
-German check control panel

Asking price is $5500 and seems to be FIRM. What does everyone think? I though it was a bit on the high side personally but it does look pretty clean.

See less See more
#3 ·
That price sounds a steep! On the edmunds.com site a clean conditioned 1988 ix model reads for $2,687. Although these are somewhat rare BMW's the price just dosen't add up. I would say look around more or offer him somewhere around $3 to 3.5k tops. For that price you can put a good down payment on an e36 M///. But if you are considering buying it, determine weather or not the odometer change was done while in his posession and why. :blink:

#4 ·
scottm3 said:
That price sounds a steep! On the edmunds.com site a clean conditioned 1988 ix model reads for $2,687. Although these are somewhat rare BMW's the price just dosen't add up. I would say look around more or offer him somewhere around $3 to 3.5k tops. For that price you can put a good down payment on an e36 M///. But if you are considering buying it, determine weather or not the odometer change was done while in his posession and why. :blink:

Thing is....I already have an E36 M3 (http://community.webshots.com/album/501416018pzVmYT) :D Need a AWD winter whip.

#5 ·
Oh. Awesome setup on your M...when I get a second car I may consider doing similar. As for the e30 ix it's your choice but it seems a bit overpriced, but I could be wrong. None the less its a nice car, seats and interior look great! The engine bay also looks good. He may have put alot of work into it for the price he's asking. Let me know how it comes out :thumbs. BTW what are those lines running to your intake? Oil pressure gauges?

Anyone else have some input?

#6 ·
The lines are for the amsoil bypass kit. It basically adds another, much more efficient oil filter on top of the factory one and allows the car to hold more oil, which means it'll stay cooler when on the track in theory. My car now holds 8.5 quarts of oil. The big thing is that the added filter does a much better job especially when it comes to trapping moisture. Only gauges in the car now are a/f ratio and exhaust gas temp. Looking to add more but I'm working on a custom autometer cluster to replace my gremlin infested stock cluster. It should be hotness!

#9 ·
Ok so now the guy says he's decided to keep it and will let me know if he wants to sell down the road. :mad: So here's the scoop...

I need a 325iX and I need it right away. I have cash in hand and am willing to travel anywhere in the US really. Closer to PA would be better but I'm not going to be picky.

NO RUST or very little at the worst. Must be a manual. Must be in good driveable condition and pretty much up to speed on maintainence.

Looking for silver, gray, white, or black with a black interior. I'm somewhat flexible on the interior color though. But not red exterior!!! Thanks...let's see if you guys can meet the challenge of finding me a car!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.