BMW Werkz banner

Can't get my trip computer working '84 325e

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  KC Ron Carter 
#1 ·
Just bought a 1984 325e for $1500 Canadian! Yeah. Can't get the dash computer to work. (It's the one that figures milage and outdoor temp.) Went into the instrument panel and replaced rechargeable NiCad's but still nothing. Checked the fuse box, and two slots are empty but the rest are good. Have no idea what fuses do what, as the fuse-box cover doesn't map the fuse resp0nsibilities. Am I looking at a fuse problem or what? What should i check, and what rating of fuse belongs in slots 23 and 24? I know the trip computer is a kind of a gimmick, but it would be so cool to have that working.

Mark.

#3 ·
Thanks KCRon...the OBC is alive! But the display is very dim, and I can only see it well in bright sunlight. Does it need a new bulb installed? How do I set the clock etc.??? Also, my service indicator lights (oil, seatbelt, engine etc.) above the rearview mirror still doesn't work even after I replaced the console batteries. How do I get them going?

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.