Bumper Tuck. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
JoeMadoo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JoeMadoo Send a message via MSN to JoeMadoo Send a message via Yahoo to JoeMadoo
Bumper Tuck.

I tucked my rear bumper a few nights ago, suprisingly it only took about 20 minutes. Im really happy with how it looks. I painted the trim to look like the front plastic bumper, kinda .

JoeMadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. That looks so much better, and I really really like your black/white theme you have goin'.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Send a message via AIM to JoeMadoo Send a message via MSN to JoeMadoo Send a message via Yahoo to JoeMadoo
Thanks alot man!

Old 05-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Great job! It does look rather tasteful. You can tell the paint doesn't match a little, but I'm just nit-picking. While I'm at it, your sig is out of date now.

p.s. I like the black numbers on the back, but personally I would just pick one. I'm thinking about going the e30 route instead of the 325es...
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Haha, well that paint matched perfectly on the front plastic bumper. I guess whatever the rear trim is made out of, it changes the color a bit. That bothers me too.

I would replace the 325es but since its been on there for 20 years, the paint underneath and around the edges is kinda discolored. I dont have enough energy yet to wax that crap off if thats even possible.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Car: 95 M3
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
looks great... how do you tuck the bumpers? ive heard alot about it but never really understood how people did it... btw i like how you painted it...
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Dear Joe,
This is your car speaking. I need new wheelz. Some 15" Basketweaves would be pimp. These bottlecaps are so....vv

Please buy me some new kicks.
Love,
The "is" Killa

Really. I'm just joking. Your car is great.
My BMW Blog
Old 05-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
I drilled a tiny hole in the shocks which allows all the foamy crap and air to come out. A few hits with a hammer and they go right in. The stuff inside smells like absolute shit, and it burns your skin. So watchout, lol. This was the first time i convinced myself to wear safety goggles. It wasnt oil that just leaks out like most of the sites say, its highly compresses foam. When i first drilled through, the air hit my arm almost like someone hit me, scared the piss out of me

Old 05-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to DIRTE30
Dude.... that's it! I'm gettin the Bosh drill out tomorrow! Looks sweet as hell! What did you smoke the tails with? And where did you get the e30 badge? Car looks killer (no nitpicks)!
DIRTE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Thanks alot man!

I smoked the tail lights with a few light coats of black spray paint and a few coats of top coat. Suprisingly it dosent have the slightest bit of chipping or anything, but i think it did them a wee-bit too dark. I got the E30 badge on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...64222308QQrdZ1

And to ldsbeaker, you are absolutely right, i do need to wheels. Im thinkin about gettin these 16x7's Im torn between the black and the polished silver. There only about 400 bucks, I'd like to get some BBS wheels but I am WAY to cheap for those.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Photos:
^^HOT!! I likeee... : Dude, I wish I had some $$ now.
I am jealous/hate of you. just kidding.
My BMW Blog
Old 05-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
HAHA, I'm a poor high school student man, I have like 8 dollars in my account.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Photos:
Join the club. I think there is $7.75 in the check register now, and I have to take out a Food Lion receipt from my wife. Grand Total: $0.
... and I'm 10 years out of high school.
I need a raise.

/hijack.

p.s. all else fails you could always rattlecan the bottlecaps. That maybe might go with the white. I know it looks tough on dark cars.
My BMW Blog
Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Go for the black 5-spoke 16s. I think it will look hot. If you can find a good picture of them, I'll photoshop them on the car for you to see how it looks.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to DIRTE30
Black rims, white car.... spoooge! My 325i is Black, so I'm not sure about the black rims but I had a civic that I almost put those on... bone stock '90 3 door no miles CLEAN pearl blue metalic...just needed those in a 15". But like I said I don't know about black on black...too much? I'm with you though, that's a great price for some nice light 16"s. Where did you find them?
DIRTE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)