While removing the car radio, i noticed a tiny spark from a red wire behind the radio. The wiring for the radio seems to be a real hash by previous owner!
I started and drove the car but the speedo is not working nor is the mileometer. Although the radio has power (cd goes in and out but it does not seem to work)
Fuse 12 (7.5a - radio, check control and instruments) had blown. So I changed this but still the speedo or radio do not work.
I noticed the red wire has a crimp connector on the end but can't work out were it is connected to if anything? Is it to the instrument panel somehow or is it just coincidence that this fault has developed at the same time?
Thanks very much for your help...