Bimmer n00b questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2004, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
angryrobots is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a couple questions most anyone on here should be able to answer. Funny thing about my new Bimmer, all of the manuals and original papers (even the window sticker) were in the glove box...except for the owners manual.

So here's my *hopefully* simple questions.

1. How do you set the clock and date on the computer? And how do you change the units to standard (they are now in metric).

2. Are the HVAC controls backlit? If so, the bulbs back there must be blown. Also I notice that the LCD screen on the radio, does not work (however, the speakers kinda crackle when you turn it on, the buttons light up and the antenna goes up. I found the code for it in the glovebox but it just beeped and didn't seem to unlock.). Are these on the same fuse? Which leads to my next question...

3. Anybody have a fuse box diagram? It would be nice to know what fuse goes to what.

I probably have a couple more I cant think of right now... Anyhoo, thanks in advance.
angryrobots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
TMac325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TMac325is
you can set the clock and date by holding down the corresponding CLOCK and DATE buttons

and if you open up your fuse box, there should be a fuse diagram already in there, there is on mine

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>T-Mac</span>
95' BMW 325is Jet Black, 5 speed
Xtec 6000k HID kit, DDE Enhanced, Euro Ellipsoids, M3 Front Bumper, Color-matched rear,
Alpine Mp3/CD, 20% tint, M3 Contour Rims, Smoked Corners, front lip
Clear Side markers, K&amp;N Performance Filter, Debaffle, Color-matched side skirts</span>
TMac325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Nope and nope.

I've played around with the computer quite a bit. Everything appears operational on it, it displays temperature and range and the timer works, but all of it is in liters and kilometers, and nothing seems to make the date and time set. They just flash when you hit (or hold) time/date.

It would have been the smart thing to put the diagram on the fuse box, eh? Must have figured that out by '95.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Well, I found the answers if anyone's interested. I was able to contact the previous owner of the car!!! From what I understand, this car has been very well maintained. He didn't give me any specifics as to what milage the timing belt and etc had been changed, but he said that he could get me the complete service records for the past ten years (the length he's had the car) from the shop that did all the work (a shop that specializes in foreign cars, no less). And he answered these questions for me too.

So if anyones interested:

1. First you need to change the computer over to standard. Hit the MPG button. There is a little recessed button in the lower right corner of the keypad. Press it. You should now be reading MPG on the display. Then hit date/time, and press the little button again. You can now set the time using the 1000, 100, 10, etc buttons at the bottom. This works the same way to set the date, month/day.

2. The HVAC controls are backlit. I was told that the light went out about a year ago. And he said the LCD display on the radio has always been dim.

3. I found a fuse diagram here: http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/data...=00046&Section=
Old 12-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 86 325es
Photos:
riozip is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thank You!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been looking for this info for awhile
your a good man!
riozip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)