BMW Werkz banner

Bilstein Sport Struts

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  viali8 
#1 ·
just a few questions if anyone can help. i need new struts for my 87 325. I do alot of highway driving and i do not use my car on the track. i am just your ordinary average driver. My question is what struts should i buy? i know alot of you recommended bilstein sport struts. My question is if i buy them will i NEED new springs? (cuase i cant afford them). What kind of struts do you recommend. How are the bilstein touring and HD struts. Any info. would help. Cheers

#2 ·
bilstein sports and HD's are valved the same so there is no difference in firmness between the two. the sports are about an inch shorter when fully extended which is why they are to be used on lowered cars. if you want to maintain a stock-like ride then the tourings would get the job done; if you want slightly firmer damping and want to keep the stock ride height then the HD's would be your best bet.

#3 ·
springs arent needed, springs are usually fine, unless you want it lowered or slightly firmer. shocks do most of the firming up

#4 ·
springs arent needed, springs are usually fine, unless you want it lowered or slightly firmer. shocks do most of the firming up

#6 ·
the koni's will work with a stock and lowered ride height afaik. if you want bilsteins and have no intentions on lowering your car, then the bilstein hd's would be the right shock to use. you will not be sacrificing any damping firmness by going with the hd's instead of the sports; the hd's were simply made for cars with stock ride height.

#10 ·
im a little confused on how to lower your car.. what combination exactly is needed to lower your car? is it just shocks, or do you need a shock and strut combination.. clueless.. never had to deal with lowering before.

#11 ·
just bought a pair of bilstein struts for my car. i decided to put them in myself though. i thought that i would pay the extra money on the struts and do the labour my self rather than paying for the labor and having the mechanic give me monroe's. i dont know why i wrote this, just thought u enthusiasts like hearing this kind of stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.