BMW Werkz banner

Bad muffler = change of plans

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  91 325ix 
#1 ·
well I was planning on doing something to make the car sound different and then all of a sudden the muffler tips fell of because of rust, a lot of rust. So I called a friend who had a 325 and he told me he had a muffler that was adapted to fit the two pipes. So when I see the muffler it's just a 3A racing dual muffler almost exactly like the one in the picture. The guy at the muffler shop only had to cut the pipes close to the housing and then weld it to the stock pipes. I think it's a good, not expensive idea, anyone has done this here??

See less See more
#4 ·
I'll see how it goes, if it's too loud, the guy at the muffler shop is very handy making silencers for any kind of muffler tip.
BTW the muffler is not carbon fiber like the one on the picture, it's chrome and I'm going to paint it black since I don't like shiny stuff.

#6 ·
well yesterday I took it to the shop. the muffler is obviously louder than the stock one but not the point of bothering me, I like the sound of it since it's note like the 4 cilinder sound I was used to.

I'll try to take some pics so you can see It doesn't look ricey or anything like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.