BMW Werkz banner

All My Locks Are Toasted

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Speedy-325is 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a 1991 318IS, when I bough the car, the passenger lock didn't work, so I still feel secure cause I have 2 options left, driver lock and trunk lock

I woke up one morning and my key didn't work on the driver's side, the key goes in correctly, but absolutely won't turn. I tried my last resort, the trunk, but it's stuck, the key can't go in, looks like the mechanism is stuck in the middle

A lot of BMWs have lock problems, but some of their doors worked, and the key still turns but doesn't unlock. The problem is, all my locks don't work, and my key doesn't even turn!

The weather is warmer than when the locks first got jammed! Tried warming up the locks, greasing it up, absolutely no improvements, driver's side lock won't budge, and trunk lock offers no space to put the key in! Lock problems happen ofter, but when all the locks don't work, and they don't even offer a hint of working...

Any advice will be appreciated...ANY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.