84 325e Electric fan conversion - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
Ok....enough of this clutch fan noise and drama...i want an electric fan...any advice on what how or anything would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Might even merrit a beer

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
come on....all i need to know is what size fan to get?! and i know its a puller...oh well i guess i will just have to buy one and hope for the best... P

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
what belt do i use to go from crank to alternator at least?! come on i know not all of you just sit there and listen to the roar of the fan thats robbing you power...i know you guys do the fan conversion...answer me!!! LoL ghead

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Fox

Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in florida, the risks outweigh the gains in my opinion.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>
Diplomacy is saying &quot;nice doggy&quot; until you find a rock.</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
the fan i boguht is WAY more efficient that the clutch fan so i think its worth it...i bought a 2950 cfm fan...its electric and flex in one....i did it and i LOVE it....it was SOOOOOOOOO worth it...my car runs cooler sounds AWESOME!! and since the fan is on a switch i can leave it off till the car is warm...result warms up faster....EVERYONE DO IT..the power alone is worth it

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Fox

ok ill take a look. Whats the brand and name of the fan and model type if they make more than one? Is it pretty much a direct fit on the radiator mounts? And lastley and most importantly for me at least, how much did it cost?

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 12:33 PM
n00b

tourist101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude.

Its a great conversion. Free's up a couple of HP, engine reaches temp quicker, doesnt matter what climate you live in, electric fan is just as efficient.

As for size. E30 M3 electric fan is a direct replacement, straight onto the original mounts.

or PACET do a whole kit with a capillary thermostat.
#8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
i just started flipping through the pages of summit racing and found on of the most wicked fans they had...i paid like $150 for the fand and tore into the motor...first thing to go was the shorud then the fan and cloctch...then mounted up the fan and hooked it up like a pair of fog lights...wirining was that easy...and i was done...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Fox

how did you mount it though? Was it mostly jury rig or was there easy mount points?

#10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
hmmmmmm

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
mounting it was easy cause the fan came with mounting clips...the fan i got off Summit Racing and i swear by the conversion...only thing you neeeeeeeeeeed to remember is to still use the pulley at the fan because it turns the water pump...dont be a retard like me the first time around and almost murder your engine.....i have never seen a temp needle pegged before...sacred the crap out of me...just remove the fan shroud fan and clutch and clip in the new slim fit electric fan and wire it to a switch....orrrrrr you can spend a lot of money and get a thermo switch but im a broke @$$ hoe so i did a switch...with the removal of power steering ac and clutch fan and added ecu and CAI and echaust my mpg at 70 mph in 5th is pegged at 38 i drive HARD and i get 28mpg to a tank...why didnt i buy one of these things sooner.... ghead

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Fox

How did you remove your power steering? Did you actually remove and bypass the tubing or did you just take out the pulley? Because you really should take out the entire thing. How much did your AC wiegh?

#13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
i actually completely removed my powersteering and ac and plugged them off...id say i probably shaved off 80lbs or so...i love my steering ever since...im not a big fan of power steering or ac...so as soon as i realized the ac didnt work...i tore all of it out including the ac lines...im just trying to set up my car for auto x now...its got plenty of power now just had to lighten it up...the power steerin was kind of a b!#ch to remove but i did it with the help of one of these bimmer sites...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)