BMW Werkz banner

Tucked my front bumper, last night!

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Rennsurfer 
#1 ·
Took off work early, yesterday, and it only took me two hours. Including cutting the side bellows and spray painting the side reflectors semi-gloss black. Since I can't afford the expense of Euro bumpers and the related bodywork, this (FREE!) option works for me. At least I can finally look at the front of my car now. U.S. bumpers are hideous.

Next up, replacing the reverse light switch and installing Hella H4 & H1 headlights.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep... it was HUGE! Wish that I could afford Euro bumpers and all of the related bodywork on the valances. But at least my bumper ain't a foot past the nose, now. HAHAHA!

#8 ·
Yeah, I thought about runnin' no front bumper while I had it off. But I don't prefer the look of non matching ends (rear bumper would remain intact) and I want more protection. So I decided on this. I'm pleased with it.

In a perfect world, I'd have Euro bumpers... maybe some day.

#9 ·
YIKES! Just noticed that the picture I posted DOES make the front bumper rather large. Should've taken the wide angle lens off of the camera. D'OH! Oh well.

#10 ·
Would be nice to have both before and after pics. Looks great!!!

#11 ·
Teh Prof said:
Would be nice to have both before and after pics. Looks great!!!
Okay, here's the car before... with the original bumper, side reflectors, and sealed beams.

And, here's the car from the other day.

Also put on some new center cap logos, as you can see in the latter pic.

#14 ·
I had tucked my awhile back. What sucks is that I got a rear bumper from a 91 from the junkyard like last year, but I still can't find a front one :(

#15 ·
guywithblack88e30 said:
I had tucked my awhile back. What sucks is that I got a rear bumper from a 91 from the junkyard like last year, but I still can't find a front one :(
Bummer... hopefully, you'll find the one that you need. Just noticed that you're in Downey, not far from me in Lakewood. I'm at the Downey skatepark a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.