BMW Werkz banner

M30 E30

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JoeMadoo 
#1 ·
I'm looking to do an M30 swap into my little 325es. I've done just about everything i could to improve upon the engine but i think its time to go bigger, and higher revving. I have a couple of questions for the pro's that have one this before.

There are a few different types of M30s from different models, which one would be easiest to install, electronically and physically.
It would make sence to me to just take the entire computer/wiring harness out of the doner m30 car and transplant it into mine. Would that match up to the existing stuff i have in the interior? or should i take a 325i wiring harness and use a 535i computer (both being 1.3 i believe?).
Is there any power difference between the e28 models and the e34 models with the 3.5L, or elecrical difference?
What should i do to the motor while its out? Cam, rebuild, etc. I'd like this beast to be smog legal also.
How bout a turbo'd M30 from a 745i???
Wonder what a flowmaster would sound like

Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.