BMW Werkz banner

Engine Swap

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DJProfessor 
#1 ·
i am doing an engine swap on my 89 325i and this will be my first complete swap. i am working with a guy who is very experienced with domestic cars, and i am wondering what the best literature for a little guidence would be. i hear the bentley manual is very good, is there anything online that is any good? i have a haynes manual, but it isn't very helpful. maybe a DIY somewhere online that i haven't found?

#2 ·
I have always had good luck with Haynes and Chiltons.. If this is a direct swap (not like and E36 to E30 swap..) should be a walk in the park!! Just pay close attention to how you are taking things apart, etc. Being your first swap a digital camera to document and use as reference is also a great idea.. Good luck to you. :cheers

#3 ·
get the bentley manuals for both cars (the one giving up the motor for the swap and the car receiving the motor for the swap)....and i suggest a BMP catalog as well (you can cross reference parts rather quickly that way). that's what i have been armed with in my quest and they have all proven helpful :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.