BMW Werkz banner

325 lowering springs on a 318

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jamspeed 
#1 ·
I've been searching around for a set of lowering springs for my sisters e30 318is. I came across a set of Bavarian Auto lowering springs that were made for the e30 325is. I know that they will fit on the 318 what im curious about is the disadvantage of going with springs not made for the 318. If im not mistaken the 325 is a heavier car so im assuming that spring rates will also be a little stiffer, thus the car will not be lowered as much as the springs are supposed to. If anyone has any personal experience with this please let me know.

Thanks

#2 ·
yep.. the front end will sit a little higher then it would on a 325. I've looked around and not too many springs are made for the 318 specifically. expecially not H&R!

You can always remove the spirng pads on the front and use the larger 10 mm spring pads on the rear to help even out the ride height.

#3 ·
Slowered318 said:
yep.. the front end will sit a little higher then it would on a 325. I've looked around and not too many springs are made for the 318 specifically. expecially not H&R!

You can always remove the spirng pads on the front and use the larger 10 mm spring pads on the rear to help even out the ride height.
thanks man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.