BMW Werkz banner

2002 site?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  spiff325is 
#1 ·
Im thinking of possibly buying a 2002, and making it sweet, but one circumstance, i must sell my E30. I would possibly do an M20 conversion to the 2002, but i know i would then get very little money for the 02, cuz i would maybe be able to sell my car for about 2k at most without the engine, and with the shit 02 seats inthe E30 and with the bottle caps instead of the ronals(i would take the recaros and the ronals and put them onthe 02)

does anyone know a site where they sell just 2002's?

thanks, this idea isnt final, im still gonna talk to my dad about it. but im just curious to the 2002's out there and the possibility of this happening.

-Dan

#4 ·
if you saw the 2002 at the meet, you would understand.

try to imagine a 1800 lbs car with 170hp...and 5 gears. with the tightest suspension..

#6 ·
thats a sweet idea dude but if i were you I would wait till after im done with collage and found a steady job before i do somthing like that. That way I could do the job right with the right amout of money plus i wont have to mess up my grades!!

keep your car and keep on doing little mods to improve it while spending most of your time on school!

#8 ·
Originally posted by Aether@Sep 22 2004, 08:07 PM
Of course, by the time he's out of college, 2002s will be that much older.
And they're not all that easy to find now.
[snapback]197159[/snapback]​

if he does all his homework then i think after collage he'll have enought time , money and patents to find one :p

#9 ·
Im 90% sure that m20 will not correctly fit in the 2002 engine bay. The best thing you can do is find a m42 or s14.

Also spiff, the 2002 is an AWESOME car, dont get me wrong, i love them to death. However, even though its lighter, it still wont handle or drive as good as a e30. The suspension geometries are so much more advanced than the 2002.

And even if you do put $2000 into suspension and motor to make it outperform your car, if you put that $2000 into your car, you could make it outdo a m3 sooo easy.

So i say that if your going for shows and car meets, All the power to you. Youll win some contests.
But if your going for performance and ride quality, which i know you are. Your going to lose out.

Sorry to bear the bad news, i had the same plans too.

#10 ·
yeah, i was thinking about it for a while. and im just not gonna do the 2002 ownage.

ima stick with my solid E30. and do things to that.

thanks for the info though,

-Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.