BMW Werkz banner

2 Beep Sound

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  yammahamma 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any clue? I heard 2 beep sounds while I am driving. I have 318i 1995. It has the same sound as if you left the key in the ignition then you open the door. Have you ever heard that sound when the temperature drops certain degrees? It's almost the same sound when you're in an aircraft & the pilot turns on the seatbelt sign on. My question is: what should I do? What cause that? Is there a quick fix? My check engine light has turned on more than once.

#2 ·
Sometimes if you have the memo function on, it will beep to the time that you have pushed the memo. A little ME will be up in the corner of your on board computer if the Memo function is on.

We used to have a thread pinned that explained all the sounds!!!

#4 ·
Originally posted by yammahamma@Aug 13 2005, 09:13 PM
My 89 325i beeps one single beep whenever the temp drops below 36 degrees. I t beeps again if it's lower then 36 and then goes over 45 or so in the same trip(I've never heard that one that's just what my manual says...)
[snapback]369517[/snapback]​
it'll make 3 beeps if it gets below freezing, 2 beeps on every hour (or is it 5 minutes before the hour? dont remember), and 5 beeps if it detects a hot chick in the immediate vicinity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.