1989 BMW 325i convertible price check - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lacedinsugar is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
1989 BMW 325i convertible price check

This will be my first time posting on this forum even though i have read and learned many things from you folks. However I have recently completed and done many things in my life to make it better and at the worst time ever my bmw took a dump on me. I'm curious to others opinions in its current value.

1989 bmw 325i red convertible
210k miles
I do not have the paper work on it but i was told by my ex's mother who gave me the car that she replaced the motor in it and it currently had 62k miles on it. i put on another 20 so it would be around 82k miles. Regardless i blew a timing belt the other day, broke 2 rockers, and not sure on the bent valves we didn't open it up any further.
Transmission is in great shape as far as i know
the body work is actualy good. no dents anywhere, but there are some small paint chip areas from natural ageing. the driver side mirrior is also slightly faded red from the weather.
The convertible top also just lost it's back window which is an easy fix.
Leather interior is torn in numerous locations but isnt horrible. Both heated seats work great.
Tires and breaks or good for some time.

Looking for some price qoutes if anyone has any idea's. Thank you.

Ryan

Last edited by Lacedinsugar; 03-23-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
are you looking for prices as she sits now or if it was running?

alot depends on visuals, would you have any pictures?

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:51 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
ya sorry i do have a pic on my phone but its covered in snow, i need to take a picture of it right now. but its away from me. it looks fairly decent actually. and also its a 5spd.
and im looking for as it is sadly.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:05 PM

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
hmmm, depending on pics you might be able to get about 800 out of it, unforutnately you may need a couple new valves...unless you can do that yourself. The saving grace is that it is a vert, but the missing window is also going to hurt the value.

Where are you located? Have you thought about maybe a pick-n-pull motor and keeping it on the road?

R.I.P fast 6

#5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
ya i am gonna get a number of pictures tomorrow morning and put them on here. i also have pictures of the engine with the head off so you can see the broken rockers.

And you know i wish i could keep it on the road.. i honestly loved the car. But I fear after fixing it i'll have another problem. I'm kind of hoping i can find another car in better shape and keep the bmw and slowly fix it back up. But in my current position i have alittle money to work with.. and hopfully getting 800ish or more for the car will benefit on my next purchase. Ebay actually has a $800 engine of the same kind to put in. But thats also more expensive then fixing it myself.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 PM

well, having owned a vert and sold a vert, and wanting another vert, i might be giving you the benefit of the doubt

But i would say if you can keep it and run a cheap little POS for a while, do it man, parts can be had for not too much, and if you pick up a bentley manual, you can fix the car yourself.

R.I.P fast 6

#7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Pictures

Ok i attached these pictures i took today to this post so i am hoping it worked correctly. Like i said i am new to useing the actually forum base, usually i just read lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside bmw.jpg
Views:	5662
Size:	506.8 KB
ID:	29046   Click image for larger version

Name:	back bmw.jpg
Views:	14902
Size:	594.2 KB
ID:	29047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side bmw.jpg
Views:	24518
Size:	551.5 KB
ID:	29048  
#8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 AM

WANT. If only you were closer.

I would willingly rip the m20 out of my alpine to place in that beauty. (sorry, i really want another vert) Based on the body, and interior, i would say $800-$1000 is reasonable. Body looks straight, no visible dents...it has potential.

Questions affecting price...
1. Only pics are of drivers side. Any of passenger side?
2. Do you still have the rear window? Some companies request it to use as a template.
3. Is the title clear? No liens or anything?

R.I.P fast 6

#9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I was on the phone with my mother who lives far from me so i didnt have a long time to take pictures. and its sitting in the parking lot of my work. I'm about to go see the car and get it towed back to my house. Eastern time look on here again i'll take a bunch more and include multiable angles.

The back window i do have, However it is completely shattered. We had a big snow here in VA and when it did it froze.. so when i went to clear the car of 2 feet of snow the back window was frozen and literaly shattered. the Originial peice is sitting in my trunk but not useable.. Until my car died i was about to go to a place near my town that fixes tops. They would cut a new peice for me and i was gonna have it installed.

Also 100% clear title no issues with it all.

The body has no dents. all the age on the car is from weather and rocks hitting the hood. there are only 3 of them that are large and only one of those marks is barely in inch and its right next to the BMW emblem on the hood.

Also as i said before the interior is alittle rough. Torn in numerous places but it is like masively horrible.. the heated seats are still nice.

One major major thing i forgot to mention though and i dont know why it always slips my mind. when the back window went out and the snow melted.. it must of gone down and shorted the wires that ran to my fuel pump. Thus i had to find another form of power to run the fuel pump. So i stole it from my ciggerate lighter and very carefully installed a LED light toggle switch, So before i turn the car on i have to slip the switch. in my pics the switch is sitting just in front of the heated seats button.
#10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
After reading the bit about the window i needed to make a note. The window can still be used as a template. its the inside of the window thats shattered... The actually circumfrence of the window is still good.
#11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
How'd you get a center arm rest? My 89 vert didn't have one.

#12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:55 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
came with it actually. its kinda nice cause if it wasnt there i'd hate it. but it does slide back and forth and has a drink holder on it that slides out.
#13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 01:06 PM
n00b

Toby is on a distinguished road
If you are looking to sale this car I would be very interested in buy it....
#14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I would love to sell the car, but you are far from me. If you can come pick it up it is all yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)