BMW Werkz banner

1986 325es SMOKES, HARD START, BAD IDLE !!FIX!!

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  kenika65 
#1 · (Edited)
My 1986 325es has been smoking white gray and on high revs black smoke from what I thought was the AFM because when I adjusted it to the left or tighter the white, gray smoke went away at idle but at an idle of 1000... so I changed fuel pump, plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor and coil when I noticed one of the spark plugs continued to become covered in fuel so I pulled the intake today and one of the intake ports was as black as can be and the injector was clearly stuck open... now there is my problem!!! Instead of changing injectors I am swaping the intake from my 89 325i which is explained in my other thread Intake Computer Swap so before you go off and spend money clean your spark plugs and then run the engine for a sec and pull them out and check them all for excessive fuel to see if one of your injectors are stuck open causing the smoke and Im sure if an injector is even partly clogged or open it would cause the car to idle rough and have problem starting. My injector was so stuck that it was even backfiring... I was so stumped on what the problem was... almost gave up:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.