BMW Werkz banner

1985 Bmw 320i E30

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ancient_shiraz 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

I have just joined this cool forum.

I am a newbee and never had a BMW and believe me I know what I have been missing.

I am about to buy an E30, 1985 model, 320i 2door with 5spd manual. I am in Australia but generally I wanted to know if they break down alot or cost heaps to run.

I am a bit scared that it sucks me dry since the parts and services are quiet expensive. Some say old BMW's need money to run and break down often and cost so much to fix, but some other say no they are great cars. My cousin is a BMW lover so am I but he takes risks and buy one, as he just bought a 91 750iL and he knows that it is gonna suck him dry and get all his money.

I only have AUD $4000 (USD $2900) and am interested in that model BMW.

Just wondering what modification options do I have. Any easy engine swaps like a 3.0 ltr 2JZ-GTE or stick to its 6 cylinder BMW engine. I love the supras but cant even afford to buy the 1989 model with the 7M-GTE engine on it, i need $3000 more.

So any feedbacks or recommendation, I appreciate it alot.

By the way I just found out you can buy heaps of parts for it on eBay, so if anyone is after body kits or whatever just visit eBay.

YOU CAN GET THE ANGEL EYES TO FIT ALL MODELS BMW.

Cheers :yup

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.