BMW Werkz banner

1985 325e

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  DanielBMW 
#1 ·
Ok guys i own a 1985 325e and i don't know what mods to do to it....right now i have some rims on it.....please help me by giving me some advice on this.....thanks

#3 · (Edited)
first of all, get a new exhaust system. The OEM one from the 325i already improves the sound a lot, or get yourself an aftermarket system like Supersprint or such. Easy way to get a bit more hp especially on the eta engine would be chipping. This will of course not improve your gas mileage, like pretty much all tuning. Also you can get the eta 2.7 engine up to 190 hp (German hp, so about 185 or 180 hp) by using parts from the 325i as well as a Schrick cam and special pistons.
Hope I didn't mix anything up there

or do this:
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-series-e21-e30/my-84-twin-turbo-325e-59029.html
:D

#11 ·
starting from about 350 you get some good mufflers. Forget about anything cheaper. A full exhaust system including a free flow cat and a custom manifold and a muffler will be a lot more, maybe even 1500 dollars or so
it all depends on the brands
on the eta models exhaust systems can get quite a surprising boost in hp compared to other cars, but I dunno if it'll be the same with a chipped eta. Anyways the stock 325e exhaust is restrictive.

#13 · (Edited)
My eta has the i/iS Manifolds, Cat, and exhaust with the muffler hacked off and a pair of magnaflows welded in...HUGE midrange horsepower gain...

Chip is the biggest horsepower mod for the Eta...22hp 24tq...and no top speed limiter...i have gotten my ES up to 135 on flat and 145 downhill...tons of fun :D

Next....diff....the 2.79 or 2.93 are not enough...at minimum get a 3.23 or 3.49...you will lose a little top speed but if you are running a chip you are gaining RPMs anyway...big improvement...im running a 3.23LSD from an M coupe

im actually not a huge fan of bilsteins anymore...after switching to Koni Adjustables i can never go back...so IMHO H&R race or sports and Konis SA's....dont get me wrong bilsteins are good...but save up a little longer and get the konis...wellll worth it in the end

#14 ·
Alright thats what ill prolly do.....ok the guy said he wants $1,500 you think thats a good deal or should i try and talk him down some more.....The car is SUPER clean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.