BMW Werkz banner

1984 318i

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  yamaha405 
#1 ·
This is a 1984 318i BMW. It is in very nice condition and I have taken very good care of it since I’ve had it. It runs and drives nice. The only problem that it really has is it has a really high idle problem that I can’t figure out, and the transmission will not engage 5th gear. It is a 1.8L 4cyl 5 speed. Oil pan leaks a couple drops of oil ($30 fix). It has a bunch of new stuff done to it.
-New clutch master cylinder
-New clutch slave cylinder
-O2 sensor
-New starter
-Plugs and plug wires
-Near new radiator
-Distributor cap and rotor
-Near new engine block fan
-Air filter
-New oil filter and oil Change
-All the things for a tune up
-New front left tire
-Sunroof
-New wipers
-Nice Speakers but has no stereo
-Glove box leaks a little and i cant figure out from where
-Fullsize spare tire
-A/C (though the belt is off the compressor so I don’t know how well it works)
-I also have three repair manuals that go with it:
-Chiltons
-Haynes
-Bentley (supposed bible of the car)
-And one I started to put together myself
-Really nice vinyl seats (drivers seat has a couple smaller tears)
-Replaced most of the switches so everything works
-Comes with a small box of spare parts (instrument clusters, switches, rear view mirror, small interior pieces, etc)
I have all the receipts for all the stuff that I have done to the car
The odometer reads 254,976 miles, but is supposed to have a rebuilt engine with 30 to 40 thousand miles on it, but the guy I got the car from cant find the receipts. The engine is very strong though. I know there is more stuff done to it, but I cant think of more off the top of my head, but feel free to email me with any questions or call (360) 412-1023. I can take more pictures, however, I have dial-up and it would be a while before I could send the pictures. I want to try to get ~~$1200~~ or I will trade for a 4x4. Thanks Chris---

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking, I had a leak into my glove box too and found out what it was by chance.
there are two pass through holes with grommets in them and one of mine had worked part way out so whenever I drove in the rain (which here in Victoria is quite a bit) it would force water past the grommet (sp). Try there first.

:driving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.