BMW Werkz banner

Tracking

968 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bighead318i 
#1 ·
I have owned an E30 since new june 1990. It has 109K on the clock and FSH, now I want to track it and wonder has anyone out there stripped one down and what weaknesses anyone might think I will encounter with a road going car normal usage. My father has used it for the last 3 years, not over 60mph! I have booked a track day for 9th September in its fully laden state just to try it out and see how she goes. Pleased to hear comments, ta.

#2 ·
I have owned an E30 since new june 1990. It has 109K on the clock and FSH, now I want to track it and wonder has anyone out there stripped one down and what weaknesses anyone might think I will encounter with a road going car normal usage. My father has used it for the last 3 years, not over 60mph! I have booked a track day for 9th September in its fully laden state just to try it out and see how she goes. Pleased to hear comments, ta

Hey man what type of e30 do u have? I dont personally have much to say about this im just an oldfart who likes to work on his car. I do know that if you race youll most likely be in a class and i dont know what they will allow you do to your car. But i think silvere30is knows some people or knows himself about preparing a track car ask him. I would definately learn how to drive well though before i made a dedicated track car. No offense i dont know if you do or not but i think the driver makes most of the car. Good luck man!!!And the e30 should do well even in its stock form.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.